6x14 Cargo Conversion Build Log - Rolling Thunder

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6x14 Cargo Conversion Build Log - Rolling Thunder

Postby MrBo » Sat May 12, 2018 7:29 pm

featherliteCT1 wrote:very nice work ... love it!

Thank you!
Mr Bo

6x14 Build Log - Rolling Thunder - Cabin on Wheels - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69971
MrBo
Teardrop Master

Postby MrBo » Mon May 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Update: We made it to Jackson lake state park and back on our maiden voyage. Went 60mph no problem. Held on cruise nice. The big test will be this weekend going up the canyon to the high country. Boon-docking.

After using for first time found out that two batteries is a must. I can get by for a little while with one but I am going to have to wait till I can afford to buy two new ones.

Also got this step/ tool storage box at wally world online for 21.00 on sale. Was an easy light step solution. Love it I keep extension cord and adapters, tent stakes, hammer, tools and such in it. Love it! Little high I would call it "that first step is a doozy", but came in handy for putting up canopy for first time. here is a link if anyone is looking for an easy solution. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-20-Step-N-Stor-Tool-Box-Red/14958236

I did also buy the add a room with two large doors for the 10x10, but was disappointed it will not work the way I was hoping that the door would open into it. The clearance is too low. But it will still be good to have. We did not put it up on this trip. Thinking about making a simple awning that will come down at night or when wind picks up.

0515181636_Burst01750.jpg
0515181636_Burst01750.jpg (194.1 KiB) Viewed 2109 times

0515181636-750.jpg
0515181636-750.jpg (266.66 KiB) Viewed 2109 times

0515181636a650.jpg
0515181636a650.jpg (169.61 KiB) Viewed 2109 times

Here is my latest update video with some of the update of things like back screen and finishing touches. Love the space. Worked well. Was a crazy time out there, wanted to try fishing for the first time in a long time and now I remember why I don't do it any more :) .

The lake was lined with a ton of dead carp all over the place. The fish were not touching our worms, not sure I would have kept anything anyway after seeing all the dead fish. The 2nd night the wind came in like I have never seen before and the next morning it was like park service came in and cleaned everything up. There were no dead fish anywhere and the banks were spotless. CRAZY!

UR:: https://youtu.be/Cnz2kMtOLvA

as the beat goes on....
Mr Bo

6x14 Build Log - Rolling Thunder - Cabin on Wheels - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69971
MrBo
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Tue May 22, 2018 3:55 am

That looks like a handy step/toolbox. I have decided to try to fab a fold up step. I have run over about six steps of one kind or another. Always at home when I need to move the trailer for some reason. It's just ridicules. I haven't drove off with the cord plugged in, yet. If it works out I show it to you, if not ......

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby MrBo » Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 am

McDave wrote:That looks like a handy step/toolbox. I have decided to try to fab a fold up step. I have run over about six steps of one kind or another. Always at home when I need to move the trailer for some reason. It's just ridicules. I haven't drove off with the cord plugged in, yet. If it works out I show it to you, if not ......

McDave

LOL... yea you can never leave in a hurry. Love the step box, I was going to build one but this is lighter then anything I could have built. Happy Trails!

Thanks again!
Mr Bo

MrBo
Teardrop Master

Postby 2Tornadoes » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm

This is a great build! Love the idea of just staining/sealing the basic plywood. We build a 6x14 a few years ago and are now about to start a new larger trailer with more bells and whistles.

How did you like ordering through makemytrailer.com? Seems like they were good to work with on the build and any follow ups? Where did you have that forgotten window installed or did you do it yourself? Now that you've had a summer of camping in it do you think the build quality is still good?
2Tornadoes
Teardrop Builder

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 am

Great looking rig!

I was just looking at that step the other day. I am going to make one that is similar out of some scrap plywood I have. That way I can split the height with an even step (assuming a level surface). I plan on storing my small toolkit and other Random parts and pieces like wire nuts, fuses, etc in it.
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions