For you folks with Generators ...

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: For you folks with Generators ...

Postby billbob412 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:23 pm

McDave wrote:Yeah, I'd do that oil change before storing it, and only if it had some hours on it. The water comes in through atmosphere and expansion/ contraction. It is a good practice to shut off fuel and run carb dry. Don't see any harm in pulling over without starting, but the synthetics have a lot of "cling" ability, so internal parts should keep a thin film for a long time.

McDave

+1 on changing oil before storing not before starting after storage,Dave you have to much common sense :lol: I don't know where Honda comes up with some of this stuff. My mother and my sister were school teachers, my daughter is one also. I love to say to her: those who can do those who cant teach. thats all for now. :lol:
billbob412
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 am

billbob412 wrote: My mother and my sister were school teachers, my daughter is one also. I love to say to her: those who can do those who cant teach. thats all for now. :lol:

Truth!
However, as I glide ever so gracefully into the "Golden Years" and I find that my physical abilities have "changed", that saying takes on a different meaning. It may be time to begin to download our experience on to the younger, more agile generation and do more watching and teaching than wrenching and beating? Just sayin'...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby billbob412 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Dave, you sound like a pretty smart guy wouldn't mind meeting you in person,but -17 no way it's 50 and sunny here in upstate NY today. I have been planing a Florida trip for March but it's getting hard to think about the long drive on such a nice day! That will probably change soon :(
billbob412
Teardrop Builder

Postby Socal Tom » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 pm

billbob412 wrote:]
those who can do those who cant teach. thats all for now. :lol:

I've probably hit the age where I'm a dirty old man, but I think those teachers would tell you that commas can be important.
"those who can do those who cant teach" is not the same as "those who can do, those who can't teach" :lol:
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby billbob412 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:55 pm

My mom wasn't happy when i failed English in 8th grade :D Turned out the only time it's a problem is when i run into a crotchety old teacher :lol: You are right it annoys me when people don't punctuate properly,that said my excuse is laziness after a couple too many bourbons. I'l pay more attention next time :cry:
billbob412
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 pm

download/file.php?avatar=27851_1494980528.jpg
Pinstriper would say;
"Let's eat, Grandma!
Let's eat Grandma!
commas, they save lives"

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby billbob412 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 pm

I can't remember what we were talking about,something about generators or something.Now we are eating grandma and it's all my fault.I'm going nite nite now. :oops:
billbob412
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions