Trailer Showroom??

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Trailer Showroom??

Postby mlowry7 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:17 pm

Has anyone ordered a trailer from this company? Only has 2 reviews on google, and both say they ordered, paid deposit and never received a trailer. Is this company a scam?
mlowry7
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Trailer Showroom??

Postby crttaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:04 am

Nothing reported the BBB yet

https://www.bbb.org/myrtle-beach/busine ... c-90016275

Does have a blog

http://trailershowroom.blogspot.com/p/b ... ithan.html

Ricky DOES have Arrest or Criminal Records
Ricky DOES have Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby crttaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 am

More reading on the likely dispute

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tr ... ai-1201737

His Google+ account

https://plus.google.com/106736622071317386547

2011 Bankruptcy filing, like most people when the economy tanked.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/north ... 134/115622
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Trailer Showroom??

Postby sodatrain » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:25 am

mlowry7 wrote:Has anyone ordered a trailer from this company? Only has 2 reviews on google, and both say they ordered, paid deposit and never received a trailer. Is this company a scam?

Assuming you are talking about trailershowroom.com ...

I just picked mine up! Worked with Chris. Overall a smooth experience. Chris was very helpful as I asked all sorts of newbie questions while designing my trailer.

I picked my trailer up at the Indiana location and that was painless. I would have enjoyed someone like a sales rep walking me through the trailer showing me the features, how the lights worked etc. There was a dude who checked the lug nuts and answered a couple questions but I think he was a guy who built trailers. One question to Chris so far, and they said "contact the manufacturer" which seemed like something the dealer should have helped me. Shrug.

In the end, I was having a hard time finding what I wanted locally - largely because I'm 6'6" and needed enough extra height so I could stand. Their website, as brutal as it is, also helped educate me on all the options / ways to customize my trailer. I got very little of this while at local retailers.

So... Def not a scam in my experience. It was actually ready before I expected it. Quality seems solid - wires protected when going thru metal etc.

Happy to answer more questions. I found them thru a recommendation on this site or maybe it was cheaprvlivig.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
My 7x7x14 Tandem Axel build thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69731
sodatrain
Teardrop Advisor

Postby norgewizard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:43 pm

I ordered a 32'' Gooseneck trailer from them last May 1st. Was promised it would be ready in 12 weeks....which would be August 1st. Was not ready on Aug 1st, and was told to give them 2 more weeks...still not ready. Finally picked it up on November 15th. That is more than double the time I was promised. After a bit of legal wrangling, I was able to get a bit of a discount, problem for me is that in the mean time I ordered another very similar(better) trailer from a local manufacturer here in Idaho. http://doublertrailers.com/...it's the one in my build log here. It did cost a few hundred dollars more, but was manufactured from scratch in exactly 11 weeks. Picked it up November 1st, since I was not sure if I would ever get the one from Trailer Showroom.

Chris is nice enough until you hit a snag......I then started dealing with the owner Mc Keithan. In hindsight I guess I could have taken them to court....problem is, you have to do that in North Carolina, and would have incurred untold expense. I opted to just wait and take delivery of the trailer, and sell it myself. As a matter a fact if you need a 32" Gooseneck cargo trailer , I have the one for sale that I bought from them.
The problem with trailer showroom is that they are only a middleman. They promised me a short delivery date, knowing that it would be 20-26 weeks before I could pick it up. But of course I would not have ordered it if I knew in advance that they would take that long. They will also tell you that manufacturing schedules are out of their hands after you order. According to my attorney, once you agree to their terms, time limits withstanding, they have you by the short hairs, and you only have legal recourse, and as we all know the court could decide against you. I even tried contacting the factory in Silverton Oregon.......it is probably easier to call Microsoft and get Bill Gates on the phone, than to get an answer from the folks at the factory.......as a matter a fact I don't think the guys at the factory even like dealing with Trailer Showroom because of the troubles I have encountered above.
I am sorry to ramble, but every time I think about it I get mad as h##l.........If I were buying a new trailer, there is absolutely no way I would ever do business with Trailer Showroom again, and as for advice from someone who has had dealings with them......don't walk RUN away from their deals. Find yourself a local trailer guy with something on his lot......or deal directly with a small manufacturer as I did......a place where you can talk to the owner on the phone, and buy it from them.
Just in case someone thinks that I am flaming Trailer Showroom about their products, I have all of my e mail communications with Mc Keithan, in all of it's sordid details, and would be happy to share them .
Just as an extra ......their trailers are nothing special. The one I had made locally was much better built. And I am still contemplating filing a complaint with BBB in N Carolina

Norgewizard
norgewizard
Teardrop Builder

Postby Hader » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:37 am

1. Use credit card. Never debt card or check.
2. Email for all communications.
3. Log all phone calls (mention/confirm calls in subsequent emails).
4. Keep all records.
5. Keep an eye on the 90 day period to dispute charges on your credit card.

Remember! There are only 1,237,031 honest people left in this whole world.
Hader
Silver Donating Member

Postby flboy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:55 am

I used them when I bought my Lark and picked it up at the Georgia factory.

My experience was good, but I recall the guy where I took delivery asking me why I used them instead of a dealer? In my case, I wanted a custom build and dealers did not have what I wanted on the lot and really were not interested in helping me order.

Seems if Trailer Showroom was bad for their business, the factories would dump them and not allow sales access. Trailer Showroom is just an online commissioned sales middleman and they make no bones about that. The late deliveries and poor quality are on the manufacturer as I see it. Apparently they use many different manufacturers. Some must be better than others.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Trailershowroom » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:54 pm

Hi,

I own Trailershowroom.com

My name is Rick McKeithan.

I would like to take a moment to defend myself from the alligations raised in this thread.

This response is directed toward crttaz

- I absolutely do not have any criminal record. I haven't even had a speeding ticket or a parking ticket in more than 15 years. Having said that, I'll probably get a ticket tomorrow......but I still will not have a criminal record.

- Netther I or my company have a bankruptcy issue. In the record that you show on your site, please note that I am the plaintiff, and NOT the defendant.

- There is indeed a nasty alligation from a disgruntled customer on "Ripoff Report". Though the customer is under court order to remove the post, "Rip Off" report refuses to remove said report. This is a shady website with numerous legal suits against it for posting and refusing to remove erroneous information. Check into them. It's not difficult.

While it's true that we had supply chain issues after Covid became an issue, and thus fell behind in production schduling, almost all businesses had issues. The trailers can't be manuafactured if you can't get the raw materials from the suppliers. The issue of supply chains has been all but eliminated at this point.

I'm not calling anyone out as purposefully being derogitory toward myself and my company. I'm just asking that you don't believe everything you read on the internet. I've been in business for 22 years and have had literally tens of thousands of customers in that time. It's almost impossible to have that large a customer base and not have a disgruntled customer from time to time. I honestly believe that having only a handful of disgruntled customers over a period of 22 years isn't a bad record. We try to make everyone happy, but there are unfortunately those who refuse to be made happy. Give us a chance and you'll see that we're a good company. If we didn't care what our customers think, the owner of the company wouldn't have taken the time to respond to this thread. By the way, this thread was started in 2014 and I'm still in business in 2023, so we must be doing something correctly.
Trailershowroom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby flboy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:38 am

I bought a second trailer via TrailerShowroom.com in 2020 during the Covid nonsense. Did have some supplier related delays, but everything went well again. This time the trailer was built by Anvil. They did a nice job and I picked up at thier factory. Again, this trailer was custom built to my needs... and they came through. Communication during the delay was what helped. They followed up my emails with good answers and let me know exactly what parts were back ordered.. in this case is was the Lippert Axles driving they delays.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions