Cargo Craft Specs & Trailers2goforless

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Cargo Craft Specs & Trailers2goforless

Postby mlowry7 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Wow... thank you all your help! This is such a great place for ideas! I came across this website www.trailers2goforless.com
They have custom build options for pick up in Texas, which is where I live. They carry 2 manufacturers. I like the cargo craft better than the Lark, except for their specs on wall and roof studs. They don't show an option to upgrade to 16" oc, but I may call tomorrow and ask. Just wanted to see what you guys thought about these standard specs for cargo craft and if anyone has one, let me know your opinion:

24” O. C. Floor Cross Members .024 White or .030 Black or Red Metal
Round V Front, 16” ATP Guard All LED Exterior Lights
24” O. C. Roof Members 3/4” Painted Plywood Floor
Bolt on Zinc Coated Hardware 4-wheel elec brakes w/safety breakay
24 ” O.C. Tubing Sidewall Members 7/16” OSB Walls
Tear Drop Aluminum Fenders 24" side exit door w/barlock
4” Steel Tube Main Frame Interior Height 72”
15" Hybrid-Silver or Black Rims Double Barn Swing Rear Doors
(2) Straight 3500 lb EZ Lube Axle Ribbed Mesa Galvalume Roof
(1) 12v Dome Light w/switch 2 Flow Thru Side Vents
5000 lb Topwind Jack 2-5/16” Coupler-Triple Tube Hitch
mlowry7
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Cargo Craft Specs & Trailers2goforless

Postby NO David! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:21 am

Are you anywhere close to New Braunfels? These guys look like they have or could order just about any Cargo Craft made however you wanted it.
https://www.trophytrailerstx.com/inventory.aspx?cursort=asc&mk=CARGO%20CRAFT

I've got one, I custom ordered mine from a local Georgia dealer, chose an Expedition, then selected leaf spring axles for extra ground clearance. I've got 16" walls and I think 24" ceiling. My bunks are partially hung from section of e-track spread across the ceiling joists for about 4 years running.
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=48345

Removable A/C unit:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=49438#p956281

So, I'd order from Cargo Craft again, but I would try to open a dialogue direct to the factory, and request updates in writing to ensure my custom requests were being handled properly. Most of the trailers advertised on the websites are a lower cost/lighter setup. It doesn't cost much more to get the heavier duty stuff done at the factory. In my case, the Expedition model, add windows, RV door, stab jacks, single step were well worth it. They shipped the e-track loose in the trailer, as I was going to finish it out with insulation myself. I think I threw them a curve ball, at the time, neither the dealer nor the factory knew about vertical e-track. (they do now...). You'll see in my thread that there were a few communication issues, and a couple of build items I wasn't happy with, but the factory sent a service truck and crew to my house (about 6 hours drive one way) to fix everything. Find another manufacturer that will do that!

Last, don't get too hung up on the V-nose, unless you want it for the extra interior space. As far as gas mileage goes, I think it's pretty much a wash, since we're all just pulling barn doors down the road anyhow. With the high profile, and flat, square back end, slowing down is the only improvement. Check out specs (better to entry level) of the Expedition vs. the Excursion, then the Elite V. They also have several re-branded versions of the same basic models depending on the dealer or reseller.

Edit: I eliminated the side vents, since I got the windows, and upgraded to all LED exterior lighting too. The offset slider windows has to be the single best choice, (credit gonefishin), lets in light, creates great cross flow ventilation with the fantastic fan I added, makes the trailer feel much bigger than it is. I spec'd two roof vents, I don't think I've ever used the rear one. Shipping weight on mine was about 2,200 lbs, and it's built like a tank.

Last: When I was looking, these guys had decent pricing and selection too, near Dallas, TX:
http://www.tuggertrailers.com/all-inventory/enclosed-cargo-trailers?manufacturer=Cargo+Craft&order=2&page=2 Also see R&J Trailers (related)
NO David!
Teardrop Master

Re: Cargo Craft Specs & Trailers2goforless

Postby Hader » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:04 am

I like the 'Tubing Sidewall Members'.
What size will the trailer be?
We ordered a lark from https://trailers2go4less.com (correct link).
Don't be in a hurry till you let others share their thoughts. You'll be glad you did.
Wait till your plan and how you want your trailer, then talk to the production manger at the plant. That way you are not calling every other day with another question.

Ours was a Lark.
6X14 Single Axle Enclosed Cargo Trailer - TX Factory
6 Additional Height
60" Extended Triple Tube Tongue
3,500 Lb Torsion Axle w/ Electric Brake
$2,851.00
Hader
Silver Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions