The Adventure Begins: 6x12 V-Nose Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: The Adventure Begins: 6x12 V-Nose Conversion

Postby hankaye » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:40 am

Kirk... Howdy;

Have a brother that used to live in Winter Park, Co. for about 20 years,
according to him :roll: locals refer to it as the Never Summer Ranch. :thinking:
chucklin' he now lives in Coco Beach Fl.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby kirkupnorth » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:44 pm

We're considering a WIFI booster for when we're at campgrounds with WIFI. We'd love to hear about your experiences with these. Do they work? What make/model have you had luck with? There are a lot of options available, and they really range in price. Just looking for some experiences/recommendations.
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:55 am

kirkupnorth wrote:We're considering a WIFI booster for when we're at campgrounds with WIFI. We'd love to hear about your experiences with these. Do they work? What make/model have you had luck with? There are a lot of options available, and they really range in price. Just looking for some experiences/recommendations.

I use a wifi booster and for me, it is worth it. Right now, I am staying in my son's back yard while I visit for a few weeks. His wifi does not work well in the trailer due to the aluminum skin and distance. With the booster, it works great and has full strength and speed.

I also used the booster on the trip here. In a Pilot Truck stop, I was able to use the Burger King guest wifi from across the street all evening and streamed Netflix. Many other examples in Cracker Barrel parking lots and etc.. . It will pick up the wifi a block or so away ussually. My booster is as follows:

It is an Alfa R36A Router (USB Wireless) which drives and interfaces with the outside long range antenna. The outside antenna is a Alfa TUBE-UNA 2.4Ghz AR9271 Super Long-Range Outdoor Wireless USB WiFi Booster. The following Amazon link is what I have in total (WiFi CampPro 2 system). I believe I found my system as separate pieces on E-bay a few years ago. You can use the antenna direct with a laptop usb port and some software, but the router is a better way to go because then you can use multiple devices (smartphone, PC, Smart TV , etc..) and setup is easier. It works like your wifi router at home.

https://www.amazon.com/ALFA-Network-2v2 ... c47c48c32f

Pictured below in my CTC next to the Cell Phone Booster.

Wifi booster antenna attached to ladder in back next to the cell phone booster antenna. I also have my HF Amatuer Radio antenna up since I will be stationary for a few weeks.

Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby kirkupnorth » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:13 am

THanks so much for the info!!
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:59 am

kirk, Howdy;

Some folks that I've dealt with in the past, good for knowledge and parts;
https://www.jefatech.com/
Give them a call and they'll talk to ya.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby kirkupnorth » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:55 pm

Thanks to both FLBoy and Hankaye -- we'll definitely be checking out all of this information. We plan to have a solution chosen and installed before next summer's camping season. Fall is definitely in the air here in northern Minnesota, although we still some autumn camping weekends planned. At this time of year in our area, if you ask someone what they did over the weekend it's not unusual to hear "we were busy getting ready for winter". It's actually a thing that we all say and everyone understands exactly what it means. :)
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions