6x10 Cargo Mate Challenger

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6x10 Cargo Mate Challenger

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Port light showed up today. So now I have some natural light and more fresh air. It doesn’t have a screen. I’ll make one using the wood cut out from the wall.

I drilled some strategic holes then made the cut with my jigsaw. Cut from the inside. Cut wood and metal at the same time.

Nice addition.

Found a collapsible rake for pine needle and camp clean up. Mounted it to the ceiling with some grab clasps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby hankaye » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:40 pm

dirtsailor2003, Howdy;

Doin' some good stuff there. You're not worried about
combin' your hair when ya walk under that rake?

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 pm

hankaye wrote:dirtsailor2003, Howdy;

Doin' some good stuff there. You're not worried about
combin' your hair when ya walk under that rake?

hank

Thank you. Fortunately we aren’t tall people!

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:09 am

Yesterday I took some time and built one side of the removable, foldable settee style bench/bed. If I have time today I will build the other side and work on the drop down table insert.

This project is just like boat building. Requires lots of clamps, nothing’s square, straight, or level!

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Looks really good! :applause:
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:45 pm

featherliteCT1 wrote:Looks really good! :applause:

Thank you!

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby rebar » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:05 am

dirtsailor2003 wrote:Waiting is really hard to do. Trailer is in production and should be here mid June. So that won't stop camping!

Spent a few nights in the woods last weekend.

Might as well hot tub when camping!

Nice work on your trailer!

How do you like your Nomad Collapsible Hot Tub dirtsailor? I started collecting materials to build a stainless heat exchanger, but that's as far as I got. Plan was then to use a blow up kiddie pool but maybe the nomad tub is worth it? I wonder how much I'm actually saving sometimes..

I like your wall tent and may decide to modify one of those to fit my CT instead of the oz.
97 12 valve 4x4 5 speed
rebar
Teardrop Master

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:59 am

rebar wrote:
dirtsailor2003 wrote:Waiting is really hard to do. Trailer is in production and should be here mid June. So that won't stop camping!

Spent a few nights in the woods last weekend.

Might as well hot tub when camping!

Nice work on your trailer!

How do you like your Nomad Collapsible Hot Tub dirtsailor? I started collecting materials to build a stainless heat exchanger, but that's as far as I got. Plan was then to use a blow up kiddie pool but maybe the nomad tub is worth it? I wonder how much I'm actually saving sometimes..

I like your wall tent and may decide to modify one of those to fit my CT instead of the oz.

The Nomad is a friends. They really like it. It uses a ton of fuel though to get 40 degree water to 100+ degrees. They’ve tried multiple methods. They have found that if you fill the tub let the water warm naturally for a day then propane heat works the best.

The wall tent is great. I could set it up behind my cargo trailer without any mods and be able to walk right in. Maybe get get a few bugs but it wouldn’t be terrible.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby rebar » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:11 pm

I might just have to buck up and buy the nomad tub, but I want this heat exchanger.. Your friends should have used a wood fire but it wouldn't be very far from the tub..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Couyz5uLl1g
97 12 valve 4x4 5 speed
rebar
Teardrop Master

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:39 pm

rebar wrote:I might just have to buck up and buy the nomad tub, but I want this heat exchanger.. Your friends should have used a wood fire but it wouldn't be very far from the tub..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Couyz5uLl1g

They’ve used wood in the Nomad exchanger. It would take a cord or more to heat it up. The best heat they had was charcoal but it melted the gas orifices and they had to buy new ones. Had they removed them
(Which you can) they would’ve been fine.

At their house they’ve plumbed it intonthe natural gas and put in a Rubbermaid stock tank.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Didn’t make any progress on the trailer Sunday. It 91f which was way to hot to work.

Today after work though it was 70 and there was a nice breeze. So I set all the rest of my vertical
E-track and got a good bit of the other settee bench done.

My ARB Awning showed up a day early, so I have a big list of things to get done this week!

Really like this! Put it up or remove it completely.

First bench makes a great work bench now!

E-track for the other side done.

Bench almost complete, but ran out of time...

More tomorrow.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby kirkupnorth » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Your CTC is looking good! Also, your little dog is just too cute -- he seems right at home already. Nice looking enduro, too. We're looking for a couple of enduros -- there's not a lot to choose from that are affordable. What is your bike, and are you happy with it?

Keep up the good work, and keep posting!
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:52 am

kirkupnorth wrote:Your CTC is looking good! Also, your little dog is just too cute -- he seems right at home already. Nice looking enduro, too. We're looking for a couple of enduros -- there's not a lot to choose from that are affordable. What is your bike, and are you happy with it?

Thank you, nearing the “for now” it’s done point!

The bike is a 2014 CRF250L. It’s been a good bike. I probably ride 80% pavement, 20 % dirt. I wanted a bike that got good mileage for commuting. Which I average 69-72 mpg.

The bike is tall geared so deep dirt riding has you pretty much in second gear.

The bike is light so that is nice when off road. On road at high speeds you get pushed around a bit if it’s windy or there’s lots of truck traffic. Of course that would be an issue on any light bike. The wind screen does help immensely with fatigue on long rides.

For $5,000 it’s it’s hard to beat as a commuter bike with off road capabilities.

The new CRF450 is next on my list but I want to see some performance reviews over the next year before I drop $12,000-$15,000!

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Finished up the benches. Measured for foam. ARB awning goes on next.

Oh yeah have to build the table too and install the cleats to support it when in bed mode.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby kirkupnorth » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:26 pm

dirtsailor2003 wrote:
kirkupnorth wrote:Your CTC is looking good! Also, your little dog is just too cute -- he seems right at home already. Nice looking enduro, too. We're looking for a couple of enduros -- there's not a lot to choose from that are affordable. What is your bike, and are you happy with it?

Thank you, nearing the “for now” it’s done point!

The bike is a 2014 CRF250L. It’s been a good bike. I probably ride 80% pavement, 20 % dirt. I wanted a bike that got good mileage for commuting. Which I average 69-72 mpg.

The bike is tall geared so deep dirt riding has you pretty much in second gear.

The bike is light so that is nice when off road. On road at high speeds you get pushed around a bit if it’s windy or there’s lots of truck traffic. Of course that would be an issue on any light bike. The wind screen does help immensely with fatigue on long rides.

For $5,000 it’s it’s hard to beat as a commuter bike with off road capabilities.

The new CRF450 is next on my list but I want to see some performance reviews over the next year before I drop $12,000-$15,000!

Thanks for the bike info!!
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions