6x10 Cargo Mate Challenger

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6x10 Cargo Mate Challenger

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 pm

So I was on E-trailer the other day buying accessorys for the E-trak system. Hooks baskets, etc. Then I found these:

If I had seen these prior to making my bunks, I would've used these to make them. I picked up a set because I am going to install a chunk of horizontal E-track on the outside of the trailer. I will use these legs to create a table on the side of the trailer. One can never have to many work surfaces when cooking outdoors!

I also have been working on the bar area in the front of the trailer.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Worked on my front shelf today. It’s been too damn cold to do anything the last couple weeks. Finally got above freezing!

I’ll was going to router out the openings, but now I may use my jigsaw. I might want to use the boards from the big opening and make a door for it. Wasn’t going to but now that I see it covered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:56 am

Making a bit more progress on my front cabinet area. Mounted battery cut of switch and 12v fuse/switch panel.

I also decided to keep the cut out as a door. So i used my jigsaw rather than flush bit router to cut out the opening.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby flboy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:24 pm

It is looking good. Nice work!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:04 pm

[quote="flboy"]It is looking good. Nice work!

Thank you! I need to wrap this up so I can load up my bike and hit the desert. Mild winter has me itching to ride!
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Got my shore power plug installed. Will run 14-2 to a standard wall box with outlet.
Yes don’t worry it will have a gfci. Also yes I know it’s on the wrong side for RV parks. I rarely camp at RV parks. The power on the side of my house is why I located where I did. If I plug in else where I’ll have a cord long enough to reach.

Shore power plug will terminate here.

Exterior on curbside of trailer.

Interior. Due to wall thickness I had to make the hole inside bigger to use the compression nut.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby aggie79 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:45 am

Very nice work on your CT conversion! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

dirtsailor2003 wrote:Got my shore power plug installed. Also yes I know it’s on the wrong side for RV parks. I rarely camp at RV parks. The power on the side of my house is why I located where I did. If I plug in else where I’ll have a cord long enough to reach.

We do camp mostly at state parks but, even though the standard is for the electrical pedestal to be on the "non-curb" side, we have found some pedestals to be on the curb side. The moral of the story, as you stated, is to carry a long enough cord.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 am

aggie79 wrote:Very nice work on your CT conversion! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

dirtsailor2003 wrote:Got my shore power plug installed. Also yes I know it’s on the wrong side for RV parks. I rarely camp at RV parks. The power on the side of my house is why I located where I did. If I plug in else where I’ll have a cord long enough to reach.

We do camp mostly at state parks but, even though the standard is for the electrical pedestal to be on the "non-curb" side, we have found some pedestals to be on the curb side. The moral of the story, as you stated, is to carry a long enough cord.

Thank you!

Yeah I’ve seen an occasional hook up on the curbside too.

A buddy stayed at a place that had the hook ups at the very back and middle of the pad. His hook ups were about mid way up his trailer on the street side. If he’s been able to hook up to the sewer he would’ve needed 25’ of hose and a couple 90’s.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Okay made some progress and got the front shelf installed! I’ll need to remove the plywood top so I can get the counter surface cut to fit. I haven’t decided what that’s going to be yet. Leaning towards metal since the wood stove is going to sit on it.

Front wall in and shore power plug wired.

Works!

Used one o the new screw-less cover plates. We’ll see how it holds up to bouncing down dirt roads.

The amazon box is the same size as the Cubic Cub wood stove. I’m probably going to put it on the opposite side from the door.

Wood stove should be here soon.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm

When you can’t move stuff out of your trailer because your wife insists on parking her car in the garage during the winter, this is what your trailer looks like when you work on it!

Wood stove is definitely going on the port side of the trailer. Amazon box in the corner represents the wood stove.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby hankaye » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:54 pm

dirtswabby, Howdy;

Looks like you can use the vent as a out for the chimney.

I may have missed or forgotten but why the e-track on both edges
of the front right at the edge of the counter??? Always a question to ask ...

Lookin' good with the bead board. Paint, stain???

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:57 am

dirtsailor2003 wrote:When you can’t move stuff out of your trailer because your wife insists on parking her car in the garage during the winter, this is what your trailer looks like when you work on it!

You can't sweat the petty stuff, but you can pet the swe...... Umm,.. More important what the wife looks like than the trailer? Umm,.. Happy wife, Happy life! Yep, thats the ticket. Happy wife, Happy life.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:51 am

hankaye wrote:dirtswabby, Howdy;

I may have missed or forgotten but why the e-track on both edges
of the front right at the edge of the counter??? Always a question to ask ...

hank

I have the vert. E track at each stud. Those two get used as forward tie downs when hauling my bike. I also use them for hooks and such. My youngest hangs his Hammock between them!

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:03 pm

hankaye wrote:dirtswabby, Howdy;

hank

More than likely I will vent out the top. Cubic recommends a straight run for better draft when then run is short. This doesn't bother me much. I have used high temp boots on boat tops and house roofs and have never had a leak issue. Once set in high temp RTV they last a long time.

This is the jack that I have:

As for paint or stain, I haven't decided yet. More than likely will clear coat it, to keep the natural wood look. If I do paint it it will be some sort of off white.

I am contemplating corrugated steel for the walls above the the shelf. I will need a fire proof surface of some sort behind the wood stove. I have several sheets on hand so I'm leaning that direction.

Before I get to far ahead I realized that when I put the front wall plywood back on, I didin't run wiring for the led lights I have, or for a future fan. Thankfully I have a fish tape and the hole that the wiring goes through is big enough for me to fish the wires through!
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby hankaye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Dirt swabby, Howdy;

Sounds like you be the man wiff da plan... :thumbsup:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions