Finally underway with our 7X14 V-nose conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Finally underway with our 7X14 V-nose conversion

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:39 pm

Today I made a hinged pipe saddle to attach a studor vent onto the piping underneath my camper

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby alloffroad » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:29 pm

I'm intrigued by this build. It is the same size(7x14) that i want to build. Just without the "v" nose.
alloffroad
Teardrop Advisor

Postby flboy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:43 am

That 3D printer you have is awesome! Curious what SW tool you use to model before you print. Can you take a picture and confirm a few cardinal points then duplicate in cases when you need a new plastic part?

Also, curious why you need the Tudor vent underneath the camper? Usually need them on the input side plumbing of the tanks to prevent the issues when draining the tank. Is this on the input side?
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:28 am

flboy wrote:That 3D printer you have is awesome! Curious what SW tool you use to model before you print. Can you take a picture and confirm a few cardinal points then duplicate in cases when you need a new plastic part?

Also, curious why you need the Tudor vent underneath the camper? Usually need them on the input side plumbing of the tanks to prevent the issues when draining the tank. Is this on the input side?

I use Fusion 360 primarily for the design work. Yes you can input a picture and duplicate an item from it, I've done this on a few occasions and it's turns out pretty well.

The "need" for a vent arises from the fact that I don't have a vent stack going through the roof of the camper for air admittance so as the shower drains I am envisioning it being slow.
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:08 pm

wyldesyde007 wrote:
The "need" for a vent arises from the fact that I don't have a vent stack going through the roof of the camper for air admittance so as the shower drains I am envisioning it being slow.

I am not sure the setup where this connects, but typically, you want to be able to push air out as water rushes into the tank (the reason for the vent stack). Isn't that air admittance valve one way input and typically to prevent sucking all the traps dry when draining the tanks? Typically an air admittance vent needs to be before the traps in some capacity but not be able to vent odors from the tank outwards into the cabin? Basically you need air admittance for draining and a vent (to the outside) when filling (draining shower or sink).
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby wyldesyde007 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Today I installed a weather head for the cord coming from the ducha :D

The part if anyone has a need https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3794796
Last edited by wyldesyde007 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby Iconfabul8 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:22 pm

flboy wrote:
wyldesyde007 wrote:

I am not sure the setup where this connects, but typically, you want to be able to push air out as water rushes into the tank (the reason for the vent stack). Isn't that air admittance valve one way input and typically to prevent sucking all the traps dry when draining the tanks? Typically an air admittance vent needs to be before the traps in some capacity but not be able to vent odors from the tank outwards into the cabin? Basically you need air admittance for draining and a vent (to the outside) when filling (draining shower or sink).

It looks like he isn't planning on having a tank. So probably won't need the full two way vent.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Iconfabul8 wrote:
flboy wrote:
wyldesyde007 wrote:

It looks like he isn't planning on having a tank. So probably won't need the full two way vent.
That's correct Icon, I will only be hooking up to site connections if I can help it. If it turns out I end up at more sites without hookups I'll get a portable unit.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Today I made some corner molding to trim out the bathroom door opening, I couldn't find any angle aluminum wide enough to cover the door frame edge so I had to make it out of aluminum square tubing. This finishes out my waterproofing for the shower. :dancing

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Those aluminum trim pieces look great!
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:47 pm

featherliteCT1 wrote:Those aluminum trim pieces look great!

Thanks featherlite! it ate up a good chunk of my day grinding those things smooth.
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:05 pm

I took today off from work and got to work on clear coating the wood on the exterior of the shower. If you haven't used Emmet's before I would recommend you trying it. It goes on with a rag and dries to recoat in about four hours, super easy to work with and no overspray like with aerosol.Image

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:11 pm

I finally found a tongue box big enough but not too big for the front of the trailer, it turned out to be much bigger than I expected but the jack crank still clears it so yay!Image

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:15 pm

And I finally got to test the shower today with my double 30 amp hook up, in the picture you can see one cord headed to the front of the trailer (where the main distribution panel is) and you can see the other connecting to the trailer just behind the wheels this is the one soley dedicated to the water heater, put out some nice hot water!Image

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:17 am

I worked on getting the rear door installed this weekend. We have a trip coming up starting November 14th and I'm hoping to be able to use the fold-out room! :D

I found some nice sized non-mortise hinges on Amazon which claimed they were all stainless steel, turns out only some parts are as evidenced by the rare earth magnet I stuck to it.

ImageImage
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions