Finally underway with our 7X14 V-nose conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Finally underway with our 7X14 V-nose conversion

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm

Got the floor and rear wall painted for the fold out now on to the removable side panels!

Last edited by wyldesyde007 on Sat May 25, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Back to working on the shower connections!

I've gone through 5 iterations of the bracket for the front of the ducha but I still haven't nailed that angle, thinking about quitting on striving for perfection and call it done with the model that was the closest (pictured).

This is just temporarily placed I still have to put up the FRP after I get the pan installed.

I went with the hose for versatility and a future fold down sink I'll be making.

ImageImage
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Sat May 25, 2019 9:57 pm

wyldesyde007, Howdy;

What ya got looks good. Anyone complains ask them to figure it out. :thinking:

... or, ya could mark a line along the Left side of the one you've connected it to then
use a speed Square to find the difference between that line and a true 90*Angle add
the difference to yer present and zoot-zoot pufff, the magician strikes again!
Up to you good to go or ... more fun with the 3-D printer.

hank

If yer pencil line shy then you could use a taped on length of dark thread.
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Wed May 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey wyldesyde,
I like what I am seeing there. Those custom brackets are much better than I could fab from metal. Amazing what can be done with the printer.
That is basically the set up I have with the LP tankless heater. I did put in a tee at the cold supply and the hot water out for the sink. Also, I have a vent/fan/light combo unit in the shower/toilet "room" that vents to the outside.
BTW, the ramp room looks great! Thanks for all the pics and updates.

McDave

PS. The LP tankless heater has a thumbscrew to allow you to drain it when not in use, and drain the wand so it doesn't drip. Don't know if you need that, something to consider...
McDave
Donating Member

Postby wyldesyde007 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:08 pm

McDave wrote:Hey wyldesyde,
I like what I am seeing there. Those custom brackets are much better than I could fab from metal. Amazing what can be done with the printer.
That is basically the set up I have with the LP tankless heater. I did put in a tee at the cold supply and the hot water out for the sink. Also, I have a vent/fan/light combo unit in the shower/toilet "room" that vents to the outside.
BTW, the ramp room looks great! Thanks for all the pics and updates.

McDave

PS. The LP tankless heater has a thumbscrew to allow you to drain it when not in use, and drain the wand so it doesn't drip. Don't know if you need that, something to consider...

Yeah i've gone with a pretty simple plumbing arrangement only one line, if we want cold we either leave the unit off or change it to a lower setting as these things work by adjusting the amount of water flowing through it.

I am going to be adding a vent to the room and what I am currently searching for is a decent through-wall unit as I don't want to do any more roof penetrations than I have to. :)
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:21 am

Do you get the "Hot Shot/Cold Shot" when you stop the flow, then turn flow back on? The LP heaters super heat the water remaining in the exchanger when the flow stops, then there is a delay in the heat while the heat is absorbed when flow starts again resulting in a hot shot/ cold shot/normal temp condition. This all takes place in about 1-2 seconds but can be quite exhilarating depending on where the water is focused. :shock:
If you were to run the water continuously it would not happen, but if you are trying to conserve water by stopping flow while soaping up etc. it can be crazy till you learn to expect it.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:39 am

McDave wrote:Do you get the "Hot Shot/Cold Shot" when you stop the flow, then turn flow back on? The LP heaters super heat the water remaining in the exchanger when the flow stops, then there is a delay in the heat while the heat is absorbed when flow starts again resulting in a hot shot/ cold shot/normal temp condition. This all takes place in about 1-2 seconds but can be quite exhilarating depending on where the water is focused. :shock:
If you were to run the water continuously it would not happen, but if you are trying to conserve water by stopping flow while soaping up etc. it can be crazy till you learn to expect it.

McDave
It's about the same, there is a delay because it will switch off without any flow.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby Padilen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am

McDave wrote:Do you get the "Hot Shot/Cold Shot" when you stop the flow, then turn flow back on? The LP heaters super heat the water remaining in the exchanger when the flow stops, then there is a delay in the heat while the heat is absorbed when flow starts again resulting in a hot shot/ cold shot/normal temp condition. This all takes place in about 1-2 seconds but can be quite exhilarating depending on where the water is focused. :shock:

McDave
I don't shut my flow off and my water temps go back and forth.
I believe Little Tommy and I both have this issue. Doesn't matter if I'm hooked up or running pump.
I tired the little pressure tank and it's no help.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:18 am

Padilen wrote:

McDave
I don't shut my flow off and my water temps go back and forth.
I believe Little Tommy and I both have this issue. Doesn't matter if I'm hooked up or running pump.
I tired the little pressure tank and it's no help.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I think the only way to alleviate the temp swings when using tankless would be adding a tank lol having a batch of preheated water to mix with the incoming off kilter temperatures.

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:37 am

I'm still fitting out the shower and I've been looking for ideas to do a raised floor because of the concern I have with water collecting around the thetford (I'm doing a wet bath). Originally I thought about going with teak but I Came across these snap together tiles at Ikea and thought they would be perfect! They're plastic so easily cleanable and they have a raised underside which helps drainage! (Another concern).ImageImage

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:44 am

Looks like a great solution as long as you can remove to clean under them occasionally. I can see water collecting and potential mold farm if not cleaned/dried and sprayed down with a little bleach solution occasionally.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:53 pm

flboy wrote:Looks like a great solution as long as you can remove to clean under them occasionally. I can see water collecting and potential mold farm if not cleaned/dried and sprayed down with a little bleach solution occasionally.
That's the plan I wanted something easy to take up that would drain good and allow someone to use the potty with a relatively dry floor.

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby wyldesyde007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Alright so I am a bit of a perfectionist, I went back and reprinted the front bracket with the correct angle Image

wyldesyde007
Teardrop Master

Postby aggie79 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:32 am

:thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member