Bug Control

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Bug Control

Postby phoenixbound » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:18 am

Probably could have posted this in any RV site, but I'll ask anyway. What works for you for bug (mostly mosquitoes) control at the campsite? Getting ready for maiden voyage of the CTC to Sturgis and am wondering what to pack. There are a thousand products out there, just looking for something that works like spray, plug in, candle, whatever... Thanks.
Smart enough to know that I still have a lot to learn.

Build diary at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69652
phoenixbound
Teardrop Master

Re: Bug Control

Postby onehoser » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 am

kombat insect repellent is the best repellent i have ever used. we get some nasty black flies and mosquitos up here....
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (145.78 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby FlyBye » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm

phoenixbound wrote:...What works for you for bug (mostly mosquitoes) control at the campsite?....

I think I've tried 'em all at one time or another and the only thing that has completely rid my camping site(s) of those pesky airborne monsters is altitude! I know it's not what wanted to hear, but even the best of the OTC remedies often fail when the flying varmints get their minds made up. I don't know if it has something to do with our sweat after eating camp food or just that they are so hungry and even maybe sensitized to our inadequate remedies.

I no longer care to bathe in DEET to ward off the villains because I more afraid of the cure than I am the critters. About the only OTC product I now use is a yellow spray stuff you can pick up at Walmart back in the camping area. Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Spray is the name of the stuff I think. It isn't the perfect cure but it is DEET free and usually works for me and my bunch. So short of 10,000 feet (I've never had a mosquito to bite me above 10,000 feet), you might wanna at least try some of the Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Spray!
FlyBye's 7x16 Cargo Camper Build
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69287
FlyBye
Teardrop Master

Postby QueticoBill » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 pm

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of Thermacell. I have an original - two actually - and they work. People have told me they really like the ones that tun on the stove canisters. I dont know all the models.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby ris » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Thermacell is the best mosquito repellent device ever made. At times camping in Florida we can hear them but they do not come near us as we sit by the fire with the thermacell working . When you buy the thermacell buy the accessory pack also. We even use it on our boat. If there is a breeze just put it up wind and you will be ok. It takes about 10 minutes for it to start being effective after starting the device.
Richard
ris
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:33 am

Here is some stuff that may or may not work. Probably can't hurt though.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/natural- ... oes_072018

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby kempshark » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:14 am

ris wrote:Thermacell is the best mosquito repellent device ever made. At times camping in Florida we can hear them but they do not come near us as we sit by the fire with the thermacell working . When you buy the thermacell buy the accessory pack also. We even use it on our boat. If there is a breeze just put it up wind and you will be ok. It takes about 10 minutes for it to start being effective after starting the device.
Richard

Which Thermocell do you use? I live in Florida and am interested in trying one for use on the porch. Thank you for any help.
kempshark
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions