NUDO QuadFloor experience?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

NUDO QuadFloor experience?

Postby Dano-Mich » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:06 am

Anyone have first hand experience with NUDO QuadFloor https://www.nudo.com/p_nupoly_quadfloor_transportation.php? It is a factory option from R&R so we are considering it in our new cargo trailer. Our use of the trailer will be family camping (spring/summer/fall) and also as a base camp for hunting (fall/winter). We will haul ATVs when hunting so ease of cleanup and oil resistance is necessary.
Dano-Mich
Teardrop Advisor

Re: NUDO QuadFloor experience?

Postby working on it » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:50 am

• I've never seen this product before, though I searched for composite panels when planning my TTT. I eventually gave up, due to lack of local dealers, and lack of funds, when I found a couple of honeycomb aluminum/plywood panels I liked.
  • These NuPoly QuadFloorâ„¢, Gray 4' x 8' sheets would've been perfect...if I could afford the $145 + shipping price tag. Let's see...I used 7 sheets of 3/4" pre-sanded plywood in my build (with some leftover scraps, and not counting my dual-layer floor- 1/2" birch plywood with 1/4" Luan overlay-); if I had bought the Quadfloor material, I would have bought 8 sheets. 8 x $145 each = $1160. Adding in shipping from Idaho, that amount would've made my wife blow a fuse!.
  • My trailer's 3/4" plywood was only $25 a sheet, at that time (normally $36-41 at other stores) as a result of a misorder/return by someone else; it was a deal I couldn't pass by, so I used it instead, and forgot about the other material.
  • Still, the Quadfloor would've eliminated the need for any paint or undercoating, when used as floor/roof/sides/hatch door, with flooring/doors/shelving also cut from the same material. An all-purpose material, if the edges are secured from de-lamination! If I wanted a unique trailer (even more so than my TTT), and could justify the expense, then this looks like a good material to use.
  • NuPoly Quadfloor, gray 4 x 8.JPG
    NuPoly Quadfloor, gray 4 x 8.JPG (110.09 KiB) Viewed 950 times
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: NUDO QuadFloor experience?

Postby Dano-Mich » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Forgot to mention that it is a $650 upgrade option on our 7x18 v-nose (3ft). This also includes the ramp door. Doing it ourselves with enough coin flooring and adhesive is getting real close to that price, not counting installation headaches and hassles. Just didn't want to commit to it if others have had a negative experience with it.
Dano-Mich
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions