8.5 x 24 Toy Hauler Cargo Trailer Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 8.5 x 24 Toy Hauler Cargo Trailer Conversion

Postby m.glisson003 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 am

I need some help with my propane lines. Currently I have 3 appliances that require propane. The furnace, cooktop, and water heater. The cooktop has a built in regulator but the furnace and water heater do not so I’ll have to make sure I install a low pressure regulator for those. Anyone have any pro tips for how I should run these lines? I was thinking of having one line with a regulator ran from the front of the trailer underneath and up to a central point. From there I could branch it off and have 3 separate lines go to each appliance. Does that make sense or is there an easier way to go about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
m.glisson003
Teardrop Builder

Postby hankaye » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:04 pm

m.glisson003, Howdy;

You might want to take a trip to one of your local RV repair shops or even a Propane dealer
to see what their recommendations might be. You as an end user may not be able to purchase
some of the components for this phase of your build.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 am

Looks like you can get splitters but would need regulators for each appliance.
https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Outlet ... 4042&psc=1

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby kawierider » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:52 pm

How about using a splitter like McDave posted: block off extra ports, use a regulator directly in one to provide. Gas for low pressure needs, then run one line to your appliance with a built in regulator?

I’m not sure what threads are used on propane: but I’m sure a block off port is commonly available

**nevermind- I just read the ad. That is a pretty slick setup! No block off needed!

Here is another option https://www.amazon.com/KIBOW-Y-Splitter ... th=1&psc=1
kawierider
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gizmox413 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Do you have any more pictures of how to install the toilet? It looks like it will sit away from your tanks. I'm in the same situation. I was thinking of raising the floor to run the pipe underneath to the black tank.

m.glisson003 wrote:Time for another update! I’ve made a lot of progress.

I got a water inlet hatch installed. This should be the last hole I’ll have to cut on the trailer.
I built a base for my shower pan so the plumbing can run underneath it. Those hepvo traps are amazing. Only require 1/8 slope per foot of run.
Got the two walls framed. One of them will be in the bathroom and serve as a shower wall and the other is the wall that separates the bathroom from the rest of the trailer.
And I’ve got the fresh water tank installed! It’s a 45 gallon tank. I used 1/4 aluminum flat bar and bent it around the tank and then just bolted it on top of the floor joists. So that the plywood floor will sit flat I notched out where it sits over the tank mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gizmox413
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions