What do you use your CTC for that you didn't intend to?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

What do you use your CTC for that you didn't intend to?

Postby cg_ops » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 am

Just curious as to the other practical uses for CTC's. Yea, camping, toy hauler, full timing.... etc. Those are fairly obvious. But what about the other, unexpected, perks/uses have you realized?
cg_ops
Teardrop Builder

Re: What do you use your CTC for that you didn't intend to?

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Dump runs. Hauling large furniture, appliances. Temporary storage during kitchen remodel.
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby Iconfabul8 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:44 pm

My own bed and space when I visit family. I can go to bed when I want, get up when I want, shower when I want. I really don't like staying at other peoples houses. Even family.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby McDave » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Storage, Man Caveage, Back up refrigerator/kitchen/bathroom, Portable office or shelter/kitchen for BBQ's etc., Moving appliances and furniture. I have also lent mine out to the neighbours so they could move things including an x-ray machine that needed to be kept dry and clean while moving. So I got a favor or two coming from those guys. Always good to have that when you need one. Sometimes I just roll out the awning for some shade to work under, and fire up the stereo while I'm at it. Cold drinks just inside and AC or heat as well. Pretty handy to have a restroom right there also.
Really, what can't you use a CTC for?... just sayin'...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby onehoser » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 am

i also use mine to have my 100 lb propane tanks filled and for hauling building materials for my home renovations
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby NO David! » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am

-Hauling lawn mowers etc. for our day to mow at church.
-Picked up 10'' x 10' x 6' high fence panel kit for dog kennel from Tractor Supply, would have been a fight in a pickup truck, especially since I don't have one. :lol:
-Mobile support kitchen for cookout at the office.
-Most pleasant surprise, I even haul it for day trips, (kayaking), provides private changing room for wet clothes, lunch/cookout gear, lockable storage for kayaks/gear while traveling. Thought it would be overkill for a day trip, but it's so easy to tow and move around, even in tight parking areas, now I can't imagine taking a paddle trip without it. Even used it to take folks kayak fishing at a local lake. It does feel funny to be parked in the lot with all the boat trailers. Since I store my camping/biking/kayaking stuff in the trailer, and simply remove whatever I'm not using for that particular trip, it becomes easier just to hitch up and go, instead of reloading gear to another vehicle.

This thread reminds me of an old thread about our conversions, I was surprised at the varying responses...temporary hijack: Whoa, has it really been 6 years since I got this thing? Doh...time to plan the next trip!
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=56125
NO David!
Teardrop Master

Postby PigTrail » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 am

X2 on the day trips.

We have a riding area (dirt bikes) about 30 minutes from our house that we frequent. It's nice to have a place to change out of the dirt, wind, etc. Also nice to have the refrigerator with cold drinks or lunch waiting. My wife rides with me as well, so she likes the privacy too.
Richard

@DualSportDispatch on IG
PigTrail
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:32 am

Mancave and auxiliary HAM Radio station. Also provisioned and self contained for Hurricane evacuation or etc..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby friz » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:19 am

Mobile model airplane hanger and charging station.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions