From new generic standy to Cargo Trailer Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

From new generic standy to Cargo Trailer Conversion

Postby ibbuckshot » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Greeting folks, 8)
Way back many dollars ago I was planing to build a new generic standy.....This project was put on hold several times as the money came and went for a number of reasons.....Now with the third attempt in the works I am going to make our ultra lite 12 long x 6 wide x 6.5 high ultra light....Aluminum Trailer Group here in Ocala is taking my drawings and going to put together my design from years back....I'm a bit excited as we are getting closer to creating this erector set of aluminum parts and pieces....I am going to use a 3500 lb Dexter torsion axle with brakes along with the Crager mags that match those that are on my little 32 Ford pickup.....If I can find out how to post the pictures I can show how things are going....At 74 some of my grey matter has been burned off so any help from you folks on posting pictures would be appreciated :pictures: Once ATG is done with the basic trailer build we will bring it home and do the rest of the work to finish the interior .....Let the games begin.....
Have fun,
buckshot
Take time to smell the roses before you end up under them ! ! !

Road rage can be hazardous to your health ! ! !
ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Re: From new generic standy to Cargo Trailer Conversion

Postby Agfadoc » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Hey there! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
Agfadoc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby McDave » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Hey ibbuckshot,
Welcome, glad you are here. I'll do the best I can to help with the pic posting, but I am old and better with Hot Rods than computers, like you. Luckily there are lots people here who have kids that teach them this stuff. So what I do is save the photos or jpegs (whatever) to "My Pictures" library in my computer. Then if I want to post them here I go to the "user control panel" at the top of the page there. Then when you are on that page hit the "Gallery" button. Then hit the "Manage personal albums", then hit the "Upload image". Then hit the "Browse" it will connect to your computer menu so double click "Library", Then "my pictures". When you find the one you want tap it once, then hit the open button, then hit continue, then submit. Bingo, pics are in your gallery. When you want to post one like now, go to the gallery button up there, find the pic you want and hit the "insert into post" and voila! Instant wisdom!
Hope that was some help. I'm sure there is a better way, but my flip phone says don't bother.
Good Luck, lets see that Duece pickem' up.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Welcome, and I second what McDave said below!
McDave wrote: let's see that Deuce pickem' up.
McDave
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby ibbuckshot » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:49 pm

McDave,
Thank you for sending the instructions.....I was able to get all the way through to "upload image" ....I could not find where to hit browse anywhere on the screen? I am stuck. I have a old picture of my 32 pick up pulling my Casita camper back home from the Tampa Street Rod Nationals a few years ago that I am trying to post....no luck...I guess I am not holding my mouth
right....HELP you guys.....
Have fun,
buckshot

ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Give this a shot,
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49037

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby ibbuckshot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:58 pm

McDave, I also tried the information in your last post and ended up with the following message..."The image file you tried to attach is invalid". I really like this site but the posting of pictures is a major pain in the ass......So much for showing my build....I dropped off parts and pieces to the builder today. He will be starting on the main cabin and frame in a few days....I will still attempt to find out how to post pics. Thanks for your help...
Have fun,
buckshot..............While uploading „2014 Tampa Street Rod Nats 012.JPG“ the following error occurred:
» The attachment’s file size is too large, the maximum upload size is 2 MB.
Please note this is set in php.ini and cannot be overridden.
You must enter your path and filename......What the hell is a path and file name?
Last edited by ibbuckshot on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Postby ibbuckshot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Greeting folks,
In my attempt to post pictures of the build I went to the "forum problems" and clicked on posting pictures......In order to be able to follow the directions to the letter I printed out the four pages ......My printer is working well but I was unable to read some of the information because it was so faint and blurry....I would think about being a donating member but only if they FIX the posting of pics....I post pics on a number of sites but I think this site has been set up by a computer wiz who has very little consideration for the computer novice...... :thumbdown:
Have fun,
buckshot

ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 am

i get the 'invalid attachment' message too, i found that if i send the pic from my iphone to myself by email i get the option to choose file size i go with 'small', then the pic will be accepted by this site. i still can't seem to make a pic small enough to use as an avatar though
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby fishboat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:01 am

posting pics..test (direct link to image on the internet..somewhere)

Test (direct link to image on tnttt lgatlin's album)

Test (direct link to Imgur album-image)

Find an image on the web or in a tnttt album, right click on image, click "copy image address", go to your thread, click on Img tab(see below), right click and paste, click Submit.

To post a pic from image hosting site, like Imgur, copy a direct link from picture, click on Img tab, paste, submit...should work.
fishboat
Teardrop Master

Postby ibbuckshot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 am

fishboat,
Thank you for your help.....When I follow your directions and get to the "right click and paste" I don't see paste...all I have as option is print in place of paste
still stuck but thanks anyway.....
Have fun
buckshot...

ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Postby fishboat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 pm

ibbuckshot wrote:fishboat,
Thank you for your help.....When I follow your directions and get to the "right click and paste" I don't see paste...all I have as option is print in place of paste
still stuck but thanks anyway.....
Have fun
buckshot...

What equipment are you trying to do this from?

phone?
Apple..anything?
fishboat
Teardrop Master

Postby ibbuckshot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Greetings folks,
I am using a home computer with tower, monitor and keyboard.....I guess I will have to find someone who better understands all of this and then write down
the sequence with which to do it....Once the secrets are known it's a breeze.....am I right? ...I have a thousand or so pics...quite a few have been sent to any number of locations but not here.....
Have fun,
buckshot

ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions