Diesel Heaters

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Diesel Heaters

Postby troubleScottie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:03 pm

What about the proprane/butane heaters -- Propex HS2000 or HS2211 (external mountable) 2K heaters. A bit pricy. Thermostatically controlled, so cycles on it own. Less issues with the fouling due to the propane. Not a bad choice if you are already carrying propane. Have a burn rate on average 1lb. of propane for every three hours of use.

I recall the official manual has the attitude limits, but cannot locate it. Several people posted working at up to 10,000 feet.
Michael Krolewski
Scottish Terrier Fancier
troubleScottie
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:06 pm

troubleScottie wrote:What about the proprane/butane heaters -- Propex HS2000 or HS2211 (external mountable) 2K heaters. A bit pricy. Thermostatically controlled, so cycles on it own. Less issues with the fouling due to the propane. Not a bad choice if you are already carrying propane. Have a burn rate on average 1lb. of propane for every three hours of use.

I recall the official manual has the attitude limits, but cannot locate it. Several people posted working at up to 10,000 feet.

Ask me this fall after I've got this in my new build:

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby rebar » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Chasein70 wrote: The Espar doesn't work well at all above 5,000'. Gets worse as the unit gets older. Espar sells a high altitude pump which pumps less fuel and lowers the BTU. Some Chinese units allow you to set the fuel flow which is SMART!! Then you can adjust with a pump change for the altitude. Mine would not work at all at 7,000 and just give up. Once again, every time it gives up you've built up a ton of crap in the combustion chamber

Thanks for that altitude information Chasein70, but you burst my bubble. I was wondering if anyone made diesel water heaters also and found this vid about a Espar diesel boiler that heats glycol which is pumped to anything you want to heat including your hot water and cabin heat..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OiDufshu_Y

But if its not designed for altitudes over 7000' I cant use it.

But I am reading they make a high altitude model and reports of people using them at 10,000'.
Pitkin Co, one of my favorite towns is at 9220′
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=63606

But after reading all the hoops people jump through to run these in the mountains, Im leary. lol
97 12 valve 4x4 5 speed
rebar
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions