new upgrades to my trailer

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

new upgrades to my trailer

Postby jwhite » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 am

I did some new upgrades I wish I had done a long time ago one was I added some new awning material to the side of my trailer, I don't have a awning but I had puts some bolts through the side of the trailer and used just a tarp and it looked so home made,
I went on ebay and found just awning replacement and it looks great I have to use a step stool and hand roll it up and stake it down but it look 100% better, I have actually been thinking about putting another on the other side of the trailer.

I also installed a power jack and that is something I wish I had done years ago the hand crank go to the point it didn't hardly work, it was the best money I could have spent, I have rear stabilizers but never used them now it's so easy to lower the front down and put down the rear jack and power it back up rock solid.
last I bought a battery powered gas pump that that drops down in the gas can and with the flip of a switch fills my generator.
I just wonder why I hadn't done this before ?
jwhite
The 300 Club

Re: new upgrades to my trailer

Postby Grummy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:23 pm

jwhite wrote:.....last I bought a battery powered gas pump that that drops down in the gas can and with the flip of a switch fills my generator.
I just wonder why I hadn't done this before ?

Do you have a brand or link for the pump you bought ? I once bought one to transfer Kerosene, but I would not use it on gas simply because it was an open framed brushed motor that arc'd enough to ignite fumes.

I've seen some people discussing using a pump like this for gas... but curious what pumps are being used, and also if actually approved for gasoline.
Grummy
Teardrop Master

Postby jwhite » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:50 pm

jwhite
The 300 Club

Postby beachguy005 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:18 pm

Just as an aside, a great tool for transferring fuel is one of the siphon hoses. I call it a shaker hose. Used them for fueling boats and they work great. It's just a no suck siphon hose. Give it a few shakes and it runs fluid from on container to another.

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Siphon-Sa ... way&sr=8-3
beachguy005
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions