5x8 V-nose sleeper help/ideas please!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 5x8 V-nose sleeper help/ideas please!

Postby onehoser » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 pm

we only run the heater before we crash for the night and in the morning just to take the edge off. i insulated the walls and ceiling with foil backed iso board and soft interlocking floor mat that's nice on the feet
Attachments
image.png
image.png (65.67 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
Last edited by onehoser on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:59 pm

onehoser wrote:we only run the heater before we crash for the night and in the morning just to take the edge off. i insulated the walls and ceiling with foil backed iso board and soft interlocking floor mat that's nice on the feet
Okay. I wonder how difficult it would be to insulate the walls? Something I’ll look in to.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:09 pm

mike445 wrote:
onehoser wrote:we only run the heater before we crash for the night and in the morning just to take the edge off. i insulated the walls and ceiling with foil backed iso board and soft interlocking floor mat that's nice on the feet
Okay. I wonder how difficult it would be to insulate the walls? Something I’ll look in to.
Mike

it's fairly easy and well worth the effort. it also helps sound proof a bit and in windy conditions it stops the skin from flexing, ending the cheap 'folly effects' sound of thunder, lol! and quiets heavy rain noise too
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:12 pm

onehoser wrote:
mike445 wrote:
Mike

it's fairly easy and well worth the effort. it also helps sound proof a bit and in windy conditions it stops the skin from flexing, ending the cheap 'folly effects' sound of thunder, lol! and quiets heavy rain noise too
Ahhhhh well that seals it! The south is windy and stormy!! I’ll figure out how to get some foam in there!
Mike

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:29 am

this is where the factory installed the rv latch on my 6x12 build. well worth having the factory install it

.Image

onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:32 am

onehoser wrote:this is where the factory installed the rv latch on my 6x12 build. well worth having the factory install it

.Image

Awesome. I’ll call and ask my trailer guy if he can get one installed for me!
Mike

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:33 pm

we also use an suv tent that fits perfectly onto the tintent

onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:52 pm

i installed strip lights down both sides of the interior and velcro’d 2 remote controls, 1 at the vee and 1 at the door

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (34.31 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
Last edited by onehoser on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 pm

onehoser wrote:
IMG_6238.jpg

i installed strip lights down both sides and velcro’d 2 remote controls, 1 at the vee and 1 at the door

I like that idea! I was thinking some sort of rope lights or strip lights. Where did you get yours? I was looking on Amazon and eBay but I want to be sure it’s not a piece of junk.
Mike

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:00 pm

velcro’d 3 solar lights, 1 on either side and one at the back. they come on low power at dusk and bright when detecting motion

onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:01 pm

onehoser wrote:Image

velcro’d 3 solar lights, 1 on either side and one at the back. they come on low power at dusk and bright when detecting motion

Awesome I plan on doing that too. I was going to permanently install them. I was also thinking of a camera for the back door.

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:10 pm

i got the strip lights, remote controls and solar motion lights from ebay. i prefer the velcro so that the lights are out of the weather when i don't need them and i didn't have to drill holes to mount them.
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:13 pm

onehoser wrote:i got the strip lights, remote controls and solar motion lights from ebay. i prefer the velcro so that the lights are out of the weather when i don't need them and i didn't have to drill holes to mount them.
Awesome thank you! I think I will also do the Velcro. The hard 3M stuff. It comes in clear and black. It’s great stuff! I’m gonna look on EBay again for the lights. I appreciate all the info!
Mike

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:21 pm

no problem, always glad to help out a fellow hoser, eh? i also wired up 12v cig lighter at the foot of the bed and one in the vee and use a double usb adapter for charging phones etc
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (61.11 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:27 pm

onehoser wrote:no problem, always glad to help out a fellow hoser, eh? i also wired up 12v cig lighter at the foot of the bed and one in the vee and use a double usb adapter for charging phones etc
Much appreciated!! I’m going to hook up 12V for my chargers, my scanner and shortwave radios (antennas mounted outside), a small fan and possibly interior lighting. I will also have 120 VAC for when I plug in. I am also leaning toward getting a quiet generator so if I’m on a road trip in mid summer down here and I need to sleep I can pull off and sleep and not get baked in a 150 degree trailer!

mike445
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions