?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

?

Postby hankaye » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:46 am

Howdy All;

Anybody Home????

Just checkin' ...

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: ?

Postby Modstock » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:34 am

here.
Planning our next trip but keeping an eye on wildfires and smoke. Having options and escape routes seems to part of the planning process now.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flboy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:08 am

I am still kicking. Made it to in-laws in Massachusetts. Working on a few projects and will start my migration south late next week. Been full time in the CTC for 8 weeks now. Still working great! Lex thinks that is home now.

How are you doing Hank?
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Karebru » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:16 pm

Oye!
Spent a couple hours on my back under the trailer this afternoon strapping up loose plumbing. Fortunately, I already have a Chiropractor appointment tomorrow. :O
That finally made her road worthy for the first time in over a year.
I hitched her up, put 40 PSI in the Firestone Ride-Rites, and dragged her around for a few miles.
It was just an empty box the last time I had it on the road.
With the added weight of my interior, it's definitely back there. As hoped for,the ride is a little smoother.
But I can picture a weight distribution hitch under the Christmas tree this year.

I should have my custom made ramp door screen panel in a couple weeks.
Never thought I'd get here, but the only thing left to do is to mount the pull out step under the side door.

I've been given a deadline. Mama has laid down the law... There WILL BE camping over the long Thanksgiving weekend.
Oh... and before then too?
Yes, Dear. :whistle:
I'm not going outside until the temperature is above my age.
Karebru
The 300 Club

Postby hankaye » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:19 am

Howdy All;

Good to see a few noses pokin' up. I was gettin' concerned. It had been 4 days and
no one had posted a thing... What am I supposed to read while sippin' my coffee???
:thinking:
Haven't been up to much, Our Governor still has us locked up tighter then a tick's butt
with a hemorrhoid. New Mexicans aren't allowed to have fun :(

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Hoping to get one or two more camp trips in before winter sets in. The smoke from the fires has cleared so we might be able to make that happen. My elk season is second week of November so I'll definitely be camping then.

Need to re-attach the fenders on my trailer. After 10,000+ miles of travel, mostly washboard the drivers side is coming off, sort of. At the bottom of the fender they are screwed to the frame. Then there's a ton of screws going into the skin and one more screw into the one stud that is behind the fender. That one snapped. When I insulated If I'd been thinking I should've pulled all the screws into the siding, installed backing and re-did the screws. That didn't happen, didn't think it'd be an issue. Now the plan is to remove the fender and install rivet studs so I can bolt the damn thing on. Ughhh! Note to those still building when you have the walls off inside if you see a ton of screws in a half circle sticking through the skin around the wheels, take care of it and do something better!
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby MtnDon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:34 pm

"Here", but not home
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby hankaye » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:14 am

MtnDon, Howdy;

MtnDon wrote:"Here", but not home

Been awhile, good to see ya again, You find a place that allows fun?

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:21 pm

I'm two weeks into my annual fall 6-week Gonefishin' with my now 10+ year old 6X12! She's still rollin', sleepin', heatin', and my home away from home. Shoulda done it 40 years ago instead of 10. I check in on the forum from time to time, and to see what Rainer is up to. :)
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 am

Gonefishin, Howdy;

Always good to hear from you. Best of luck with the trip.

Haven't seen Rainer in awhile, hope the smoke hasn't done
her any harm.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby MtnDon » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:49 pm

hankaye wrote:MtnDon, Howdy;

MtnDon wrote:"Here", but not home

Been awhile, good to see ya again, You find a place that allows fun?

hank

Well, we retired because we didn't want to deal with the coronavirus businesswise... we we partly retired anyhow, working because we enjoyed the hours we limited ourselves to, enjoyed the people, etc. Covid19 avoidance was removing the fun portion of that.

I have been one of many who did renovations at home.

We have suburban and mountain property in the Jemez. We split our time between the two locations. We have explored parts of the Jemez that we never bothered with before. Lots of hiking and mapping foot trails and old logging roads. Other than that we have not gone far.

We have a couple of short trips to some northern NM forest service sites planned. Rather remote when compared to Jemez area. The no reservation, no fee, no services other than a vault toilet type.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions