Off-road 5x10 V-nose CTC

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Off-road 5x10 V-nose CTC

Postby dno1967 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:29 pm

Greetings,

After hours and hours of research I finally pulled the trigger & ordered a 5x10 off-road cargo trailer. This is what I ordered & what I optioned for:

5×10 Single Axle Off Road Series
– Flat Nose design
– Triple Tube Tongue
– Extended Tongue
– 2×3 Tubular Main frame
– Aluminum Tread Plate front corners
– 16″ on center floor cross members
– Tubular 16″ on center wall studs
– Tubular 16″ on center ceiling bows
– Single rear swinging door
– Silver Frost Exterior Aluminum
– Screwed Exterior
– Diamond Tread Stone guard
– 3500# Torsion Brake Axle
– Electric brakes on axle
– Easy Lube Hubs
– Aluminum Side Wall Vents
– 32” RV Style side door with flush key lock
– 24” bar lock on side door
– Smooth Aluminum fenders
– 3/4″ Plywood Floor – painted gray
– 3/8” Plywood Walls
– Insulated walls and ceiling
– Insulated Floor
– Raw luan ceiling liner
– (2) 15×30 windows
– Non-powered roof vent
– Black Mod Wheels
– 32” Mud Terrain Tires
– 6 foot interior height
– All LED Lights
– Aluminum roof rack
– Aluminum access ladder
– Receiver Hitch on tongue
– Solid front wall construction
– 2000# swivel Tongue Jack
– 3/4” plywood recessed between roof and roof studs (Sturdy Roof)
– One piece aluminum roof
– Access panels to fender lights
– Asphalt Undercoating
– Deluxe license plate holder
– 3 year warranty

Options:
Front Nose Design - 2 Foot V Nose front design (wedge style)
Electrical Package:
- 30 Amp panel box - front wall upper driver hand side in V-nose
- (2) Interior outlets - (1) on passenger side V-nose (1) passenger side wall rear
- (2) Four foot fluorescent lights
- 30 Amp ship to shore cord (25 feet in length)
AC unit 13500 BTU with heat strip (installed)
Spare Tire - 32'' Mud tire on 15'' black aluminum mod wheel Exterior spare tire mount on tongue

After taking delivery & bringing it home, I plan on pulling the plywood up & off to reveal whatever "insulation" they installed and/or replacing it with 'proper' insulation. I'll also add extra wiring for the 12V lights (to be installed) & 120v receptacles I feel I might need for a microwave, coffee maker, etc. I ordered the trailer with the a/c because I did not want to cut into a brand new trailer & void the warranty. Once I take possession, I'll get final measurements & proceed with the interior build to include a couch that will fold out to be twin bunk beds and cabinets to include a porta-potty & space for a microwave & coffee maker. I already have a DOMETIC CC 32 so I'll just plug it in. Eventually, I'll add some paneling to the interior & a roof-top shower to the exterior. Suggestions will gladly be accepted.
Dana, Jeeper & future overlander
dno1967
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Off-road 5x10 V-nose CTC

Postby dno1967 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:56 pm

While I wait for the trailer to be built, I am constantly dreaming up different versions of the things I want to build. For one, the bed(s); I've decided to make a couch with the back that will fold up as an upper bunk. I'm limited in space & weight since I want to keep the weight down as I will be pulling the trailer with my 2014 Jeep JKUR.
dno1967
Teardrop Inspector

Postby DryFly2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:00 am

Curious and where you ordered the trailer and the cost of all of the options. What is the build out time for a custom trailer like this - a few months or like 12 months? Just curious as I've been kicking around the idea of a travel trailer conversion vs ground up trailer build.

Also, what is the weight of the trailer off the assembly line?
DryFly2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dno1967 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:24 pm

DryFly2 wrote:Curious and where you ordered the trailer and the cost of all of the options. What is the build out time for a custom trailer like this - a few months or like 12 months? Just curious as I've been kicking around the idea of a travel trailer conversion vs ground up trailer build.

Also, what is the weight of the trailer off the assembly line?

First off, sorry I did not see this before now. I ordered from Triple A Trailer in Ambrose, GA. The cost of the trailer was $6,425 & the custom ordered items were about $2,000 more. I wanted to start out with a well equipped trailer to build out & was impressed with what they offered. And the weight is supposed to be around 1,200 lbs.
dno1967
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dno1967 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:42 pm

I think I finally came up with a design (after SEVERAL iterations) & drew it up so I could visualize it better. On an 8" (or so) raised floor I'm going to build an L-shaped dinette that becomes a queen-sized bed. Above the rear door will be a cabinet. In the nose I'll build a lower cabinet with a small bar sink & a foot pump, with an upper cabinet which will house the microwave (shown on the counter in the photo). Between the dinette & the nose cabinet will be a short cabinet where the port-a-potty will be (on a slide-out) & my Dometic fridge will sit on top. I'm going to put outdoor carpet on the sidewalls from the floor to about 4' up (for sound deadening) then have faux wood paneling above. I'll also place the faux wood paneling on the rear door & in the nose. I’m planning on painting the ceiling white to keep it light on the inside. Thoughts & suggestions are welcomed.
dno1967
Teardrop Inspector

Postby theicomguy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:08 am

Ever get this complete ?
theicomguy
Teardrop Builder

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions