"BEST" RV Windows Recommendation for High End CTC

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

"BEST" RV Windows Recommendation for High End CTC

Postby JohnnyAirstream » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:33 pm

Top priority: quality. Lowest priority: cost. I want the best. Please sound off with name brand and model suggestions.

I understand double pane is asking for trouble in an RV/camper/trailer. So I guess single pane it is. But after that I'm a blank slate.... literally. I haven't made one cut or inserted even the first screw. She's brand new and windows are the first step. I just want the best, the strongest, most durable, most energy efficient, and would like to air out the rig from time to time so sliders and or hinges with screens would be nice. Size will be on the small side as I'm unwilling to cut any framework and they will need to be mounted above the 48" aluminum extrusion running along the bottom of the walls you see in the photos. For example, available space above the kitchen sink is limited to 12" wide x 24" high. Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

PS: Thank you for your patience as I figure out just how best to post high resolution photos... :roll:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0WAcfY7LuGdlXUTBWuqc9qAaA

https://share.icloud.com/photos/01fou0EehAuaiUAZGEBvllg-Q

https://share.icloud.com/photos/09YrALEflGDBHVbBJbvoHMb0A
JohnnyAirstream
Teardrop Inspector

Re: "BEST" RV Windows Recommendation for High End CTC

Postby cwaet » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 pm

We bought and recently installed the first of four windows from tern overland. So far they seem like awesome quality, are really light weight, and fairly easy to install. They also come with retractable blackout shades/screens, and have the ability to be cracked open but locked. Check out their website and I will hopefully be uploading pictures here shortly.
7x16 Cargo Trailer Conversion - Build #1 viewtopic.php?f=42&t=73720
Pacific Northwest
cwaet
Teardrop Builder

Postby OP827 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:07 am

cwaet wrote:We bought and recently installed the first of four windows from tern overland. So far they seem like awesome quality, are really light weight, and fairly easy to install. They also come with retractable blackout shades/screens, and have the ability to be cracked open but locked. Check out their website and I will hopefully be uploading pictures here shortly.
Are those the acrylic double pane windows that are also called Eurovision? They are light because of no glass content. They would probably need a bit of maintenance to polish scratches comparing to heavier glass windows. But all windows need maintenance if they get exposed to elements for a long time.
OP827
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:13 am

JohnnyAirstream, Howdy;

Have no dog in the mix, only a suggestion. Here's a link to a seller of RV replacement parts.
They have folks that can answer some of your questions.

https://www.pellandent.com/RV_Product_Categories.aspx

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re:

Postby cwaet » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:37 am

OP827 wrote:
cwaet wrote:We bought and recently installed the first of four windows from tern overland. So far they seem like awesome quality, are really light weight, and fairly easy to install. They also come with retractable blackout shades/screens, and have the ability to be cracked open but locked. Check out their website and I will hopefully be uploading pictures here shortly.
Are those the acrylic double pane windows that are also called Eurovision? They are light because of no glass content. They would probably need a bit of maintenance to polish scratches comparing to heavier glass windows. But all windows need maintenance if they get exposed to elements for a long time.

That's correct, they are double pane acrylic Eurovision windows. I purchased the polish kit with them, and I do anticipate having to use it. I have only had them for a week, so I can't report on the extent of care needed yet.
7x16 Cargo Trailer Conversion - Build #1 viewtopic.php?f=42&t=73720
Pacific Northwest
cwaet
Teardrop Builder

Postby OP827 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:44 am

cwaet wrote:
OP827 wrote:

That's correct, they are double pane acrylic Eurovision windows. I purchased the polish kit with them, and I do anticipate having to use it. I have only had them for a week, so I can't report on the extent of care needed yet.
Would be great to learn about long term maintenance and reduction of transparency for these windows. Any links to forums or interest groups that might have that info already? The maintenance kit must have some liquid that provides an additional UV protection I expect, correct?
OP827
Donating Member

Postby Tomterrific » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:53 pm

Jalousie windows are my favorite mostly because of the mechanism and retro look. They are awning type so can be open durring rain. Playhouse windows are not expensive but some jalousie windows cost a bundle. Not a modern look though.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions