Post you're bunk beds!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Post you're bunk beds!

Postby BruiserCruiser » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:06 pm

I'm going to be building QUEEN over QUEEN bunk beds in the back of our cargo conversion. I'm undecided if I should build them out of wood or metal. I'm also considering e-tracks with some 2x4, which seems it might be a good option.

The walls of the cargo trailer are 1x1 tubing (not sure on the material thickness, covered in 3/8th inch plywood.

I would love to see what you guys are doing for bunk beds, especially if they are queens or kings...

Here's the layout I have planned. If you have any suggestions on the design, I would like to hear them as well!

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 976 times
BruiserCruiser
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Post you're bunk beds!

Postby cwaet » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:26 am

I've been following your build journal and you're making some good progress! We are just about to install two sets of horizontal e-track for twin bunks in the front of our CTC. I was going to screw them directly into the studs and run a few 2x4's across using the e-track brackets. Interested to see what others are doing for larger beds, as we are doing the same for the sole queen bed over the axles.
7x16 Cargo Trailer Conversion - Build #1 viewtopic.php?f=42&t=73720
Pacific Northwest
cwaet
Teardrop Builder

Re: Post you're bunk beds!

Postby txen » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:46 pm

I did something similar with 2x4's and duck canvas. I can put 2 across the back for the kids/short humans (we are 6x12) and they fold up when not in use providing more free space. I've seen others use plywood across 2x4s on etracks too, looks like a sturdy solution. Your build is coming along quickly, thanks for sharing your progress!

A pick of the bunk bulled out while test fitting...
txen
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions