CONVERTING DANZER ENCLOSED TRAILER into Camper

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby elmo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:58 am

toyota_mdt_tech wrote:
elmo wrote:I plan on doing the same thing some day! I first have to finish my 5 other projects first.

This is one website I saved for a couple of ideas.

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~ssauer40/cargomate.html

Have a great day everyone!

Elmer out

Elmer, see you found my webpage! Small world. I have been gettign lots of emails all of a sudden with questions about my trailer build off and my adds. And for those who was wondering if it works out oK in extreme cold weather with the 20,000 BTU furnace, yes! Here is some harsh enironment I had it in.
[/img]

Google is a wonderful thing.

I have been trying to figure out how to transport a family of dirt bikes and camp comfortable. Your set up is one of the options I run across. I figured I would build the Teardrop for when I am solo.

Elmer
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Wolfix--Your concern about the side door being locked ....

Postby jeffswatson » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:44 pm

Easy solution is to have the trailer built, or retrofitted with a flush mount rv style door latch, and either not install or remove the cam lock. While I have been pricing my trailer at different manufacturers.....it is about a 55.00 (average) option. Smooth, clean look, and much more functional for this application.

Jeff
jeffswatson
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Box Trailer

Postby MikeDrz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:42 pm

Crankshaft,

I would love to see what you did as well

crankshaft wrote:I thought I was in a boat by myself with this type of trailer.. I finished mine about a year ago and have had several nice camping rips. Sorry I don't know how to post the photos but I've sent you some via your e-mail address.

Good camping..

Crank shaft. in San Diego.
Michael Drzewiecki
--------------------------------------------------------
Teardrop Dreamer - Cargo Converter

Click here to check out Cargo Conversions...its hip to be Square!!!

:)
MikeDrz
Donating Member

actual boat

Postby retiredcamper » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:05 pm

I thought I was in a boat by myself with this type of trailer..

My single brother drove long haul for decades and used the trucking company's address as his legal home because he lived in his truck. He also stored his truck and boat there.

Every year in the summer he would take two or three months off and go camping. He used his boat to camp in and it worked quite well. I camped with him on "dry land" a few times but we also were able to camp on water. It worked quite well for both although getting into it on land wasn't all that easy.
retiredcamper
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions