Packing the Windsong!

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Packing the Windsong!

Postby jplock » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:38 pm

Hey I wanted to let you all know the windsong is getting ready to head west and North. We will be taking our teenage son and my 20 year old son on the first complete family vacation in 3 or 4 years. Also Grandpa and Grandma Franklin will be caravaning with us with their popup camper. We are going to be camping in southern Colorada in the Sangre De Christo Mountains the first week then the second week grandpa and grandma will be going on to Califonia. The windsong with the 4 Locks will go on to Brooks Lake Wyoming about 30 miles West of Dubois Wyoming. If anybody is in that direction and you see the windsong wave, and we will stop and visit! I will share our tales and pictures when we return. One week till we go and packing the windsong.
jplock

Phil, Donna, Joshua, and Aaron
:) :) :)
PS The boys will be tenting!
Pinacles Campground
Horses gone to pasture at Brooks Lake
The Locks
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby Micro469 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:42 pm

I guess it's hard to discipline the kids when they are a head taller than you huh......

:roll: :lol:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:56 pm

Looks like the Locks are going to have a fun trip. How lucky you are to be able to share that adventure with the whole family. Brings back fond memories. Good luck on your trip, we'll be looking forward to seeing the pics.

Roly :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Nobody » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 am

Hope y'all have a great time Phil. We didn't make it to Brooks Lake when we were in Wyoming last month. Read your post & thought 'bout going up that way but only made it as far as Riverton/Shoshoni area. Wouldn't have been all that far but there's only just so many hours in a day & ours were pretty full ;) . Maybe next trip. Lookin' forward to your 'travelogue' & pix :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:15 am

Hey Lock family...

When will you be hitting the Sangre's I'll be there with 2 ior 3 other tears the weekend of July 7 & 8... at Ophir Creek... Would love to catch up with you!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby jplock » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:48 pm

Pam,
We will be traveling on the 7th and part of the 8th probably would not be in the area untill sunday evening. I sure do thank you for the invite though.
Thanks!
jplock
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 pm

Well if you come thru Denver... give me a call... Teardroppers are always welcome at my place!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby jplock » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Well we finished our vacation we pulled the trailer approxamately 2,500 trouble free miles. We went with the whole family Grandma, Granpa, Dad, Mom and two sons. We caught plenty of Brook troute, the laregest was about 15 inches long. We hiked up to duck lake the first day. Someone said it was a couple of miles (I think it was the way the crow flies) The round trip hike took approxamately 7 hours and we gained altituude from about 8,000 Ft to !0,000 Ft at the top. Us low landers was not yet accustomed to the altitude! Grandpa even at 77 years old we could hardly keep up with him! My two sons thought nothing of the altitude at times went off and left us! I got to use the dutch ovens quite a bit one night we made enchiladas that were out of this world! By the end of the first week Grandpa and Grandma was ready to go on to California. My two sons were wanting to get home to their high tech gadgets. So on the second week mom and dad packed up again went to Eureka Springs Arkansas to see the Passion play and sayed at a nice KOA in Eureka Springs. Then went to Spingfield, We attended Church Sunday Morning at High Street Baptist Church then to lunch and then to the Bass Pro Shop, and while there enjoyed giving a tour of the windsong to a fellow in the parking lot. By Tuesday we were in the Rolla Missourii Area and made a float trip of 12 miles on the Current River. Also we camped in Monitoc State Park, it was a beautiful place. Also we had quite a few Missouriians interested in looking at the windsong so we got to give some more tours, and told folks about our neat website too. To say the least we did our best to have fun.
jplock
Elk Creek Campground Antonito Colorado.

PS We got into a real toad strangler thunderstorm while on the road in Missourii and no leaks!!!!
:D :D :D
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:11 pm

:applause: :applause: ...amazing how hard it can be to have fun with these things :lol: :lol: ;) ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales