Washington DC Trip

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Washington DC Trip

Postby SteveH » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:37 am

After a planned teardrop trip with friends to Colorado fell thru this summer (I won't mention any names here, RWhitley :lol: ), we decided to take a trip to Washington DC via the scenic routes with the Casita. We saw lots of the Natchez Trace Parkway, scenic areas of Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virgina, Maryland, West Virgina, and Kentucky. We visited the Builtmore Estates in Ashville, and I highly recommend it if you are going by there. We traveled a large portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it is also awesome. While camped in College Park MD (I think at the same place Gage stayed while there), we visited several of the museums, the zoo, and most all of the memorials in Washington. Here's some pics:

Natchez MS State Park...beautiful!

Blue Ridge Parkway...awesome!

Gardens at the Builtmore

Camp site at College Park. This is a huge RV park, but very nice with lots of amenities, and very well kept.

Washington Moument from the steps of the Lincoln Monument.

A cabin in Kentucky that is simular to the one Lincoln lived in which was reconstructed on property where he lived as a young boy. I did not know he was born and lived in Kentucky as a boy.

Reelfoot Lake State Park, Tennessee. Very unusual as the lake was formed from an earth quake in the early 1800's. Very nice place.

Oh, and on the subject of the Casita....it will soon be for sale. It is too big and heavy on the outside, compared to the teardrop, and too small on the inside. I figure those things are just too hard for me to fix! :lol:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby clkelley564 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:05 am

Great Trip!! Great Pics. :D

Thanks for Sharing!!
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:57 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...thanks for sharing your trip with us Steve. Camping around the country...that is what it is ALL about...of course meeting new folks and eating potluck is pretty good as well...see ya in Oct................
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales