Our First Teardrop Trip/Wife's First Camping Trip

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

??????????camping out

Postby queeniejeanne » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:18 am

Mike,,,,........what cajun lady (Becca said)....she is correct. All the posting before mine too are correct....don't give up and try to explain to your loving better half that we girls are meant to camp but there are special things we need: Room to dress not laying down......hence the pop up shower/outhouse/dressing room. Use a little $5 potty stand with dry chemical bags, very sanitary and can be covered by a pop up trash can. Hang up hooks, etc...tip: do not use a light inside at night....you would be surprised how THINGS show up.

EZ up with attachable walls help in rain, wind, snow, sleet, or cold. A small propane heater inside one makes a very comfortable kitchen/socializing area.

We also opt after have ours for 3 years to a TTT.

Just don't stop....we are really fun people.......get to a gathering to recover the spirit of the camp.........

After thought, Scott, you still look great, right Becca?

Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Re: ??????????camping out

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm

queeniejeanne wrote:Mike,,,,........what cajun lady (Becca said)....she is correct. All the posting before mine too are correct....don't give up and try to explain to your loving better half that we girls are meant to camp but there are special things we need: Room to dress not laying down......hence the pop up shower/outhouse/dressing room. Use a little $5 potty stand with dry chemical bags, very sanitary and can be covered by a pop up trash can. Hang up hooks, etc...tip: do not use a light inside at night....you would be surprised how THINGS show up.

EZ up with attachable walls help in rain, wind, snow, sleet, or cold. A small propane heater inside one makes a very comfortable kitchen/socializing area.

We also opt after have ours for 3 years to a TTT.

Just don't stop....we are really fun people.......get to a gathering to recover the spirit of the camp.........

After thought, Scott, you still look great, right Becca?
Queenie Jeanne

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby MIKE & CATHY » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks guys for all the words of encouragement and suggestions. Cathy has read your comments also.

One thing we used to plan our trip, and along the way, was the "AAA Campground Guide" booket. Unfortunately it wasn't accurate, and that was probably because of all the last minute cuts in the California budget for campgrounds. One thing that I found since the trip was this web site that reviews and rates campgrounds: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/California.
Reading people's comments is really helpful.
Can anybody recommend any similar sites with campground information?
Mike
MIKE & CATHY
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:36 am

Mike, this won't be exactly what you are looking for but I started a thread awhile back called "Campground Ratings", under "Camping Secrets". People here will post their pros and cons about campgrounds they have visited and I hope that you will too.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby T@Baker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Sorry things didn't go as planned. You know, I think sometimes my expectations ruin things for me, too. It takes time to work the kinks out of a hobby or activity, as well. I sometimes camp solo in my T@B, and although I've been very fortunate to have nice CG's with nice facilities (even pit toilets), as a woman, I don't like to leave the camper at night for a bathroom run. A porti-potty or luggable loo fits the bill. When my family is along, our add-a-room is a must. I agree with the others about an EZ-up or Coleman Event Shade. They honestly make all the difference. When my mom had TT's, we always used space under the awning as our outdoor room. Whether I'm using a canopy or my add-a-room, I pull out my rug, fan/heater, chairs, possibly t.v. We make it our livingroom.

Maybe the Mrs. needs something with more space. She may enjoy a pop-up or A-liner or little tin can camper more than a tear.

My add-a-room

A pic of the inside with my son's cot.
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:24 pm

MIKE & CATHY wrote:Can anybody recommend any similar sites with campground information?
Mike

I think you hit the nail on the head. Asking for guidance. I think sites with REAL people is the trick. This site and the tearjerkers site should provide enough direction to where is good and bad because no one is trying to sell you their place to camp. Advertisements are just that, so I would maybe post in the CA section of this board (if you have not already) and I am sure all the good people here can treat you to some much more enjoyable camping experiences!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales