Linger Lodge, Bradenton, FL

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Linger Lodge, Bradenton, FL

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Well, the Scotty made it's first campout with me this weekend and everything went pretty good...sorta. When we arrived and started setting up, the first thing I did was go plug in the electricity. Well, the Linger Lodge was built 45 years ago and I don't think they have upgraded since...the campground that is.

My camper is equipped with a 3 prong plug. When I went to plug in, they didn't have that setup, only those big 30 amp RV plugs -- that was it. So Chris said to run a cord to his camper and plug in. Well, that worked for about an hour then it blew a fuse. Found out a Lowe's was close so off I went looking for a do-ma-jiggey to plug into mine. Got to Lowe's and the salesman said, "lady, you're gonna have to make yourself an extension cord cause' we don't have the do-ma-jiggey that you're looking for". Okey-dokey. Bought the parts and wiring and off I went. Got back to the campground and followed the directions and I made myself an extension cord and it worked!!!

Slept great the first night with cold a/c blowing. Woke up the next day, went outside to take in the beautiful sunrise and tried to open the door to the camper and the door knob didn't work. I thought, oh crap, I'm out here in my pajamas and I can't get in my damn camper. Had to go wake my son up in the next camper so he could help me. (It seems I got a defective Bargman doorset). Oh well, at least we got back in. Called the company I ordered it from and they have shipped another one out today. They are great to deal with -- Legett Supply Inc. in Muskogee, OK (918-681-2211.

Went out on the boat for about 3 hours Saturday morning and just had a great day. Nothing special about this place except the restaurant is within walking distance from our site. Very, very busy on the weekends. The weekend before, it rained so hard for 4 hours, it flooded the campgrounds. We were lucky not to get a drop. Good weekend.
My campsite at Linger Lodge. Nothing special but it did have a concrete pad.

Campsite

Campsite as seen from the river.

The shady Braden River

The Linger Lodge Restaurant. Good food!

Dusty (my yougest) and Jamie chillin' at Chris (her Uncle) and Cliff's campsite.

My bed and notice how you can see through the blinds!!!!

Oz, C&C's little boy puppy.

Tink, C&C's little girl puppy. Wonderful campers!

Chris waving and Cliff
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Becca,,, great pics,,,, and thank you,,,,,,,,,looks like ya had an adventure of a weekend,,,

ok,,, now,, since there is a bunch thinking this and nobody said anything yet I guess its up to me to be the bad guy,,,, so her goes,,,,

WALKING AROUND IN YA P.J.'S,,,,,,,, LOCKED OUT,,,,,,,,,,, SEE THRU BLINDS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when and where are ya going camping NEXT?????????????? :rofl2: :laughter: :picklejuice: :lol: :angel: :angel: :whistle:

OK ,, I did it,, now I reccon I am a dirty old man,,,, YEP,,, took years of practice to achieve this,,,,, :thumbsup:

welcome home

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby robertaw » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:35 pm

:thumbsup: Glad your electrical adventures were successul. Just so you know they sell those adapters and cords at Wal-mart in the RV section.

How did you get in your camper when you were locked out? Did your son just have to muscle it open? That freaks me out as I need to order the same lock! Apparently it DOES lock from the inside.

Your blinds are so pretty. I doubt you can see in from the outside unless it was a night when your lights are on. Maybe you can just put something behind them in case Mr. Chipper is around! ;)

Great proximity to the water at that site but I have an serious fear of alligators and would be afraid one would come up to the campsite after dark. What is it with these Florida rivers that the water is black??? Like it's not bad enough that prehistoric man-eating monsters live in them - then you can't even see them coming! Rivers in the north are blue or green and nearly always see thru!
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:37 pm

Chip wrote:Becca,,, great pics,,,, and thank you,,,,,,,,,looks like ya had an adventure of a weekend,,,

ok,,, now,, since there is a bunch thinking this and nobody said anything yet I guess its up to me to be the bad guy,,,, so her goes,,,,

WALKING AROUND IN YA P.J.'S,,,,,,,, LOCKED OUT,,,,,,,,,,, SEE THRU BLINDS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when and where are ya going camping NEXT?????????????? :rofl2: :laughter: :picklejuice: :lol: :angel: :angel: :whistle:

OK ,, I did it,, now I reccon I am a dirty old man,,,, YEP,,, took years of practice to achieve this,,,,, :thumbsup:

welcome home

chipper

You dirty ole' man! ;)

Yea, I should have known if you can see through them during the day, you can see through them at night! Jeez, the blonde is coming out!

Well, I did undress in the dark or I went in my potty room. But then I didn't have curtains on the window in the potty room so I took some duct tape and 2 wash cloths and made some. It looked so redneck but it served it's purpose. I am gonna fix that see through problem this week so you missed your chance Chipster! :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 pm

robertaw wrote::thumbsup: Glad your electrical adventures were successul. Just so you know they sell those adapters and cords at Wal-mart in the RV section.

How did you get in your camper when you were locked out? Did your son just have to muscle it open? That freaks me out as I need to order the same lock! Apparently it DOES lock from the inside.

Your blinds are so pretty. I doubt you can see in from the outside unless it was a night when your lights are on. Maybe you can just put something behind them in case Mr. Chipper is around! ;)

Great proximity to the water at that site but I have an serious fear of alligators and would be afraid one would come up to the campsite after dark. What is it with these Florida rivers that the water is black??? Like it's not bad enough that prehistoric man-eating monsters live in them - then you can't even see them coming! Rivers in the north are blue or green and nearly always see thru!

I am gonna get another adapter just to have a spare. The bad part is when I finally got to bed Friday night, I wasn't tired so I started digging around under the cabinet and found the adapter that the previous owner left! Dammit!

The Bargman door handle does lock from the inside...you just pull up the handle and it locks. The problem may have been caused by me. As I was looking at it this afternoon, I noticed that I forgot to put the strike plate on it when I put the door handle on. So the handle may have wiggled itself loose. Still gonna replace it with the new one. Dusty just had to muscle it open. The door knob on the outside kept going round and round and wouldn't catch so he pushed it in hard and turned it slowly and it opened. Actually had to do that a couple of times that day since people forgot and closed the door hard. (no it wasn't me :no: ...really, it wasn't).

Didn't see one gator but were told that they were out in force the weekend before, as were the snakes. I did comment that we all needed to be careful when opening our doors just in case we had one sunning on the concrete pad. The water wasn't brackish at all - actually pretty clear for river water. But I know the gators were there hiding. I told them Roberta sends her love. :lol: :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 pm

Looks like a fun time was had. Also looks like the Linger Lodge is what "old Florida" was all about. I like it, thanks for the pictures.

Oh yeah, about the Jammies. Did ya have on your flannel ones ?

They are so hot...... 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Chip » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:41 am

SEEE!!! seeee,,,, I told ya ,,,, I knew I wasnt the only one,,,, you can just look at Steve and tell he is a D.O.M.,, (dirty ole man),,,,,, :lol:

flannels?? ohhhhh my heavans,,,,, now iffin you had on the fuzzzy pink overstuffed bunny bedroom shoes wid them flannels,!!!! Have Mercy,,,

:woohoo: :ilovecamp: :angel: :awesome:

ok ok,,,,,,, enough about fantacies :surrender: I am going to slip back in my DOM closet,,,,

chipper :thumbsup:
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:27 am

:lol: Happy to hear you had a good time Becca. Some days I miss all that moss and spooky water....... :thumbsup:

Your camper is beautiful! :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:49 am

Hi Becca, thanks for sharing the pics. Love the new look on you with your Scotty. The transition from "T" to "TTT" is now complete and in grand fashion!

Please give me some clarity on this pic though? Dusty (far left) is your youngest...? You're just a kid yourself? Fraid I gotta see some I.D. there missy. (Oh Jeez, Did I just slide into the D.O.M. mode too with my cop routine? :lol: Can't blame us Becca)

Scott G.

P.s. (Please refer to me as officer.) :lol:

Dusty (my yougest) and Jamie chillin' at Chris (her Uncle) and Cliff's campsite.

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Chip » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:03 am

TOLD YA,,,,, SEEEEEE!!!!!!,,,,,,,

:MLAS
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:37 am

You guys are too funny! :)
Stevie, I didn't wear the flannels this time, I wore my green Tinker Bell jammies. And I don't normally parade around outside in my pj's but it was early, no one was up except me and the birds. Thought I would just sit in my lounger and enjoy the beautiful morning. It was so peaceful. Well, that peaceful feeling left fast when I couldn't get back in my camper! :o I think my exact words were "Oh crap -- crap, crap, crap".

Officer Scott, my youngest son is 28...my oldest son is 31. I started having kids when I was 9. :lol: :lol:

Just kidding!!!!!!....I think I was 12. :lol:

Miriam, thank you for the compliment but she has a long way to go before she is a real beauty. I just put a little makeup on her insides so she would look cozy. I slept great the second night...the first night I kept thinking my son was fooling around outside trying to spook me cause I kept hearing these loud noises hitting my camper. Come to find out, it was these huge hickory nuts hitting the roof (size of walnuts but solid). Next morning, Dusty and Jamie said they didn't sleep well because of the same thing. Next time I'm putting my canopy over the camper.

The place reminds me of an old Florida Cracker fishing camp. Nice people who run it. I don't think they've been there very long. I hope they upgrade some things. I don't even think they had a dumpster for trash...never found one anyway.

Oh, and it wasn't my fault the door handle didn't work properly. I took it apart last night and there was a piece of the guts cracked. UPS should have another one to me by Thursday. So Roberta, if you want to order a Bargman L-200, call Legett Supply Inc. They had the best price around
($48.00 plus $8.00 shipping +-). Great people to deal with too!
:thumbsup:

Chipper, your new title is "DOM"!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby John T. Hodgen » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 am

Hey Becca,
Boy, those pics of the river and camp store reminds me of some of the fish camps "Down the Bayou" I see Bream, Big bass and catfish--NOT gators in that water :lol: Spanish moss--great little campground. The camper is looking great--too bad for your luck with things going wrong.
ps--I thought All Cajun Girls slept in the Buff???? :thinking:
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 am

Officer Scott, my youngest son is 28...my oldest son is 31.

(God Becca... why does that just work for me?) ... Oh paging Dr. Phil...or Ruth... Freud, somebody help me please! :lol:
Scott G.

P.s. Seriously, you must of taken a page out of Loretta Lynn's book with childbearing, or maybe the killer himself, Jerry Lee Lewis's wife, Myra.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby FireLion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Well. all in all, ya had a good time, didn't ya? That's what really counts. Now, about them there green Tinkerbell PJ's.....they don't, by chance, make ya look like a bright green blond female gator do they? Just a thought from another DOM...... :lol:
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:26 am

I just love you guys! I never know what is gonna come out of your mouths but I just love it. :)

We didn't get to do any fishing...it was too damn hot. And you know what?...we didn't see one coon! The campground manager said they never see them either. Maybe the flood took their little theiving butts away. Good ridance!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales