locked the keys inside

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Postby Gambam » Thu May 03, 2007 1:20 pm

80's toyotas are known to only have a few differences in keys. Thiefs used to sell each other copies of the keys, so any parking lot they walked in they had a ride home.

When they used to have two keys per car, GM had an issues with door keys. My 90 s-10 door key would open my dads 89 astro and my brothers 90 full size.
Gambam
Donating Member

camperee comes to an end

Postby retiredcamper » Thu May 03, 2007 1:44 pm

The host camperee here at the state parks ended this morning and I was accepted as part of the family. I made it a point to talk to everyone and slowly I was able to meet almost all of the other camp hosts and volunteers.

I've also received my first assignment and will be painting camp numbers on the pavement and watering newly seeded lawn at Lake Chelan State Park. I start May 10th and will work til June 19th. Then I stay on as a regular camper for 10 days before goibng to my next camp site which is about 30 miles down the road.

My 60 day camp venture has now grown to 100 days. :thumbsup:
retiredcamper
Teardrop Master

Re: camperee comes to an end

Postby apratt » Thu May 03, 2007 2:06 pm

retiredcamper wrote:The host camperee here at the state parks ended this morning and I was accepted as part of the family. I made it a point to talk to everyone and slowly I was able to meet almost all of the other camp hosts and volunteers.

I've also received my first assignment and will be painting camp numbers on the pavement and watering newly seeded lawn at Lake Chelan State Park. I start May 10th and will work til June 19th. Then I stay on as a regular camper for 10 days before goibng to my next camp site which is about 30 miles down the road.

Being a camp host sounds like a blast. A good way to be camping and get paid a little bit and having fun. :thumbsup: I am a long ways from retirement and I don't think my wife would go for that. :oops:
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby retiredcamper » Thu May 03, 2007 3:06 pm

Being a camp host sounds like a blast. A good way to be camping and get paid a little bit and having fun. :thumbsup: I am a long ways from retirement and I don't think my wife would go for that.

Volunteers are not paid and my wife doesn't like me to leave her and go camping but understands I would go crazy staying at home. The camps are only a few hours drive so she can visit me on weekends. :)
retiredcamper
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 am

retiredcamper wrote:The host camperee here at the state parks ended this morning and I was accepted as part of the family. I made it a point to talk to everyone and slowly I was able to meet almost all of the other camp hosts and volunteers.

And your going to be doing it in a Lil Guy? Well at least you'll be in a CUTE little Teardrop. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

cute camper

Postby retiredcamper » Tue May 08, 2007 1:19 am

And your going to be doing it in a Lil Guy? Well at least you'll be in a CUTE little Teardrop.

:x lol

Hey I like your Ford pickup. Is it a 55? I had a 54 and a 56 and loved them both.
:thumbsup:

...................................................................................................................................................................................................:vroom:
retiredcamper
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Tue May 08, 2007 7:02 am

I'm a bit paranoid about this, especially since I'm often many hundreds of miles from home.... but my drill is:

hideakey under the van. since most bumper covers are plastic, I made a metal tray with lips on all sides to hold the hideakey and screwed it to the plastic so I can reach inside the grill opening and get to it...

In the rear cup holder, extra keys for trailer lock and trailer doors.

In the event I ever need to get to any of them, I use them and next thing is I immediately replace them where they belong...

So far, so good (like my plan to live forever)....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby BrwBier » Sat May 19, 2007 5:50 pm

Gaelen wrote:> I mean, I'm happy you didnt have to break a window to get in but, to think someone could just try their own key and get in your TD. Scary! <

Mk, mmm...one of the funniest/scariest experiences I ever had was in a parking lot at a dog show. At least half the exhibitors at the time were using Dodge Caravans or Plymouth Voyagers, and they ALL looked alike within the narrow Chrysler color palatte. One of my friends went looking for her van and we were accidentally one row over from where we should have been. So she hit her remote door opener--and to our not-warm-fuzzy-surprise, lights began flashing and hatches popped on at least three Voyagers/Caravans within range.

Apparently, teardrop doors aren't the only things keyed alike. :shock:
[/quote]
I have worked at a mopar dealer for 12 years, we sometimes have up to 400 cars on the lot, I never got a remote keyless entry to work on the wrong car. You should buy a lottery ticket.
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby AlaskaJack » Tue May 29, 2007 10:49 pm

Lol... the older I get ...the more keys I seem to hide! I have them stashed everywhere (complete sets for everything!) and often "rediscover" old forgotten hiding places! :D

.... then sometimes forget to lock the doors!

In my opinion, locks are only to "keep the honest folks honest!" .... someone wants your stuff they're gonna get it. JMHO
AlaskaJack
Teardrop Master

Postby dovaka » Tue May 29, 2007 11:19 pm

i have a master key ring in the center console of my truck which is basically one of everything no matter what it is and if i happen to lock my self out of my truck there is a cell phone integrated into a computer that i put in so i can call it and unlock my doors or just roll down my windows

just hope that there is signal where it happens
dovaka
The 300 Club

Postby SIXTOTWO » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Mistaken car identity would never happen with my pig sty of a car!! :R
They'd get in and say "This can not be my car???"
That is my deterant. :lol:
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby PaPa Smurf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Lock's are only made to keep good people out....
James 4:14......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby Geron » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Wow! a resurrection! This thread was 2 1/2 years old.

As to common keys the CH751 is used on tons of RVs. Check your key ring, you probably have one. Had to carry the wife's boat key to the marina (yeah, I don't boat!!!!). Glanced down at it and it was a CH751. Had one on my keyring!
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby digimark » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 pm

My wife and I were walking out to our silver Honda Odyssey from the grocery store, arms full of bags. I clicked the remote to open the trunk lid and it slid open, so we started loading our food.

At which point the owners of the car came up behind us and asked what we were doing. After a moment of confusion it became obvious to us that our car was one row over, and the couple that owned this one must have come out just behind us and clicked the button on *their* remote at the same time. Ooops.
--
-- Gary Goldberg/Chesapeake Beach, MD/KA3ZYW
-- http://www.digimark.net/og/
digimark
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 am

Long ago, I owned a plymouth duster... lived in Chicago and was parked on a typical crowded and poorly lite side street.. went out, put the key in, opened the door and went to climb in and said. this isn't my car.... same color, same model, same key. My car was a couple down in front...

I keep an extra t/d key in the van... and the van has one of those 'hidden key' boxes for an extra van key.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

PreviousNext

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales