locked the keys inside

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Postby john » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:58 pm

A couple of years ago we were camping at Myrtle Beach State Park. The "we" included my wife, oldest son, daughter, youngest son, and myself.

My youngest son who was two at the time liked to play with the locks while inside the tear. He would dart from side to side playing with them.

While getting ready for a walk we were all outside the tear except for Ian, our youngest at two.

Needless to say he locks the doors shut on both sides. So...we had a two year old locked in the camper. We have no keys for the door latches as they are cheaper that way.

After an hour or so of coaxing Ian to unlock the door and him crying I got my screwdriver and unscrewed the window from the camper.
Build I -- Scenic ---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8121727@N04/
Goto the Tear Build file

Build II -- Scenic II ---
viewtopic.php?t=29603

Build III -- Scenic Solo---
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50324

Travel Blog----Now without Political Commentary
http://polifrogblog.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -2009.html

The Constitution was ratified, not an interpretation thereof...

Penomeli ikibobo
john
john
500 Club

Postby 05liberty » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Well at least the cars & trucks have a variety of different key patterns ... most of the heavy equipment we have at work takes “[color=red]oneâ€
Dave

05liberty
Teardrop Master

Postby ericb622 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Doesn't surprise me that you found a key that would work. Most construction superintendents I know carry Case, Lull, Bobcat, and John Deere keys with them. The will work on all the manufacturer's equipment.
ericb622
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dave S » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Similar keys......heck, with my memory, I welcome that. First of all, if I cant trust another Teardrop Owner (with or without a key), who can I trust......I mean, having a fellow Tear Person who could open my Tear doesnt give me heartburn at all............Second, any time I have ever had a problem with a breakin, not only do I lose stuff, but I usually have to do substantial repairs too.......keys do not stop most burglars (but a Gun might.......I really HATE burglars)
Dave S
Teardrop Builder

Postby TwilightLane » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:12 pm

once in high school i was dropping off a friend at _his_ house. we were a car load of high school kids up to no good. as a joke i hit MY garage door opener and my buddy's _neighbor's_ garage door opened.

this was probably 10 or 11 at night. you should have seen the look on the guys face as he came outside and looked around and wondered WTF was going on...

8)
Rob & Lori
Aspen & Tundra
My Instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/Teardro ... l-Trailer/
TwilightLane
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales