Mom's Nest-There and Back Again

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Postby mfkaplan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi All!
I'm at knitting camp in Shipsawanna, IN. I'm going to stay until Tuesday noon. I should get to Mendin Wed. evening. See you all soon.

Mary
Mom's Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby billnut » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:34 pm

:lol: "O","O" she's on the move once more Mary ganed 4" with new springs but lost 5.5 after loading up at Jack Daniels and Lodge. What a neat trip :applause:
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:39 pm

:applause: Drive careful Mary! Can't wait to see what you knitted. A skill I have never been able to pick up. :(

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby billnut » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:53 pm

:o Ok Mary did you make it home ok??????
Bill
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby mfkaplan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:47 pm

Bill- and everyone, I made it home fine. Unpacking today. Ugg. Need to get some pictures up and finish this thread.

Mary
Mom's Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby billnut » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:52 pm

:D Finish he-- your trip has been our fun!!!
Bill (ps and we didn't pay for the gas)
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby mfkaplan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Just totalled up the milage. 6103 miles. I had a great time at the ITG. I got to meet lots of wonderful people that are on this forum. Lots of neat tears. My pictures aren't as good as some of the ones other people took. On the way to Minden, I got caught in extreme rain just out of Omaha. My doors didn't leak but my front window did and somewhere under the back of the tear did. Had to dry my bedding at the laundramat. the stuff on the front shelf got wet also. The worse part was that the trim around the tear curled up. The doors also swelled up and wouldn't close properly. By the time I left everything was dried out and flat. This is a California tear and not ment to be drinched. Rain is ok but not swimming. Left the ITG Sunday morning and stopped for the night at Cabela's in Sidney,NE. Shopped and stayed in their really nice campground. The sky turned black and a huge thunderstorm came up with tornado warnings. I lay awake most of the night waiting for the tornado alarm to sound wondering why i was sleeping in a matchbox. The rest of the trip was just a lot of driving. Didn't even stop to play the slots in Nevada. I saw a lot of beautiful country. This was a trip tro remember but I don't think I will drive all the way to Georgia again. Flying is good!

I got my VISA bill today. Going to have to pinch pennies for a few months.

Mary
Mom's Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:45 pm

:o Awwweee Mary how awful for you. Tornado warning are bad for those of us who live with them every year. I can't imagine how scary in a Teardrop. I bet they had a shelter of some kind. BTW Bathrooms are a good last minute ducking place. Hug the throne cause the pipes are permanent. :thumbsup:

That was indeed a very long trip. I think the longest sustained I did was 2500 and it was tiring. But what fun to be able to stop and play anytime you want. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby billnut » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:41 am

:D Shucks Mary don't worry about the VISA bill. You can't buy the look back experience that you had. Sis and I still talk about our trip to Missoula MT. and back besids coffee and breakfast is on me next trip :lol: . Sis and I :applause: :applause: :applause: you dam she did it :P :P
Bill
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales