Mom's Nest-There and Back Again

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Mom's Nest-There and Back Again

Postby mfkaplan » Sun May 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Left at 9:00 this morning and got as far as Needles, CA. Still not out of state. No misshaps. Spending the night in a trusty KOA. It was 97 degrees with a stiff wind when I pulled in at 5:00 P.M. Wasn't real bad because it's so dry. It's cooling off now. I drove with the trucks and RVs, 60 mph in the Central Valley, 65 mph across the desert. Gave 5 tours. I thought passed a red and white tear at a rest stop but it turned out to be small canned ham. Mutual honking. Pictures tomorrow when there is something to take a picture of.

Mary
Mom's Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Sun May 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Mary,

If ya have time tomorrow you should make a stop in Williams, AZ. neat little town to check out if you haven't been there before.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Gage » Sun May 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Hello Mary, Don't get gas in Needles. Wait until tomorrow. There's a Pilot at the Lake Havasu turn off (hwy 95), just a few more miles down the road and it's cheaper than any stations in Needles. Besides what Kevin said, do stop in Seligman at the Snow Cap for a burger. You won't regreat it.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 20, 2007 11:13 pm

Have a safe trip Mary. I am looking forward to the pictures. :thumbsup: See ya in Minden.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby bledsoe3 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:18 am

Mary, I look forward to following you trip. Have a safe trip and I'll see you back on the left coast.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby billnut » Mon May 21, 2007 8:50 am

:lol: Mary don't forget to water the flowers with WD40. Have a fun and safe trip.
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby mfkaplan » Mon May 21, 2007 10:32 pm

Made it to Grants, NM. Gas was $3.09 at the Pilot at the Lake Havasu turnoff. that's the cheapest today. $3.37 away from the freeway in Gallop. New Mexico is really beautiful in the spring. Speed limit on the freeway is 75. Guess thats for trailers too. Saying at a KOA again. Didn't feel like cooking and was going to get fast food. They had home cooked meals delivered to your campsite. Really hit the spot. This one even has a continental breakfast. There is a really neat lava outcropping next to my campsite. Stopped off in Seligman at the Snowcap for lunch. What an experience. There were a whole group a motercyclests from England there, Not sure how they got their bikes to the US. Forgot to ask.
No tours today or tear sightings. Pictures will be in album. A little tired to post them here. Thanks for all the travel advice guys it was handy.

Mary
Mom"s Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue May 22, 2007 3:23 am

Glade you liked Seligman. How'd you like all the Edsels parked out in the street? Did you happen to have
time to go over to the Barber Shop and meet Angel's wife. I can't help you any futher Mary. Have a safe
trip the rest of the way and we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Here's a couple of Mary's pictures.
Snow Cap cafe, Seligman, AZ, Route 66

Snow Cap humor

Arizona/New Mexico border (Mary, arn't you going the wrong way in this rest stop?)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Tue May 22, 2007 12:40 pm

:D Boy Mary i'm enjoying your trip. Ieven called Sis and gave her the URL.
Lady your makeing memories that well last a life time. :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:
Bill
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Tue May 22, 2007 12:59 pm

Wow!! Looks like you are having a great trip so far!!! :applause: :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting for us!! It's like all of us going with you!!

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby [email protected] » Tue May 22, 2007 1:12 pm

I'm so enjoying your trip, as are many others as we read about your daily travels. Wish I could be their, but this is the next best "thing".
Shirley.
Bill's favorite Sis. LOL
[email protected]

Postby doug hodder » Tue May 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Mary...thanks so much for keeping us all posted on your travels...it's almost like being there, and there are a lot of us that look forward to the next installment!!! :thumbsup: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Pam Wright » Wed May 23, 2007 9:23 am

Mary,

Thanks for the pictures.... I, like the rest, am sure enjoying your travels.... and will meet up with you in Minden, too!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!... just 21 days!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby billnut » Wed May 23, 2007 5:58 pm

:( Ok Mary you didn't check in last night!! Are we still having fun?
1 No WyFi?
2 Mary's Nest Laid a egg?
3 PT lost a shoe?
4 laptop Battery dead?
5 Mary to pooped to type?
6 Met a good looking hunk and is taking up your time?

What ever it is Have. Fun :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Bill
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby mfkaplan » Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi All,
Didn't post last night because the campground's wifi was out. I was in Elk City, OK. Today I made it as far as Conway, Arkansas. Haven't stopped much to look around except for gas. I've looked at the scenery though. Sure is pretty. Lot's of wild flowers. Many that we don't have in California. I saw a real live road runner at the edge of the freeway yesterday. Interesting roadkill besides the usual unfortunate animals. Many armadillos, snakes, two deer, and even a small bear cub back in Arizona. I've never seen an armadillo befor either. Each state seems to have it's own look. It's been getting greener and more forested. Arkansas has a whole lot of trees and bushes just like the eastern part of the country. Whoops, it is the eastern part of the country already. Tonights's weather is wonderful- 70s and no wind. For the first time i'm sitting outside with my Colman lantern and assorted bugs posting this. No real problems with the tear except that I seem to olnly have half of a spring on one side. Don't know if I started out like that. Still have clearance around the tire. Got very worried and stopped by an RV repair place. Found out that it has some odd (very short) kind of single slipper spring that can't be found. The guy looked in several catalogs. Said it would be alright to continue on my trip, just make sure the clearance dosen't get less and keep my speed down. When I get to Georgia, I'm going to have the springs replaced. Not something I planned to do. If all goes well, I may be there Friday. Will try to take some more pictures.

Mary
Mom's Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales