Branson MO

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Branson MO

Postby s4son » Fri May 25, 2007 1:12 pm

I just poted some pics on our web site of a trip to Branson MO earlier this week. It was kind of last minute and not really well planned but we had a lot of fun. We spent many weekends in Branson as newly weds BK (Before Kids). This is our first trip back in over 26 years. It sure has changed, but it's still a lot of fun. And a great variety of things to do for adults and kids.

http://scottforsen.com/Travel/Branson.htm

Impatiently Waiting for Minden,
Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Creamcracker » Fri May 25, 2007 6:08 pm

Nicely put together little travelog. Route 66 is calling my name but it's going to have to wait a while!
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby madjack » Sat May 26, 2007 3:05 am

..nice Scott...Marlene has been dropping hints about a Route 66 trip sometime in the future...... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby sdtripper2 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:18 am

Jack:

Marlene has been dropping hints about a Route 66 trip sometime in the future

What kind of Route 66 trip have you been thinking of?
From Chicago to LA or some portion and what direction?
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby madjack » Sat May 26, 2007 4:01 am

We would head north and catch it either at Kansas City or over in Oklahoma and head westerly from there, ending up???? 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby s4son » Sat May 26, 2007 12:15 pm

madjack wrote:..nice Scott...Marlene has been dropping hints about a Route 66 trip sometime in the future...... 8)

Thanks, don't tell Sylvia but that was the best part of the trip for me. I have been facinated with Route 66 since I saw the Grapes of Wrath. Just what I need, another addiction. Here are some good links to get you started;

Historic Route 66, has turn by turn directions from east or west.
http://www.historic66.com/

Another Historic Route 66 site, this one has tons of links.
http://members.cox.net/jdmount/route66.html

The National Route 66 Historic Federation.
http://www.national66.org/index.html

That's just the beginning, if you Google Route 66 you'll get a million links. It would be fun to do some kind of gathering down in southern MO along the route but it might be tough to see much over a weekend. :thinking:

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Nic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Oh Branson!!!! I love that place!!! When i lived in Oklahoma i would always drive up to Eureka Springs Arkansas and take day trips over to Branson. Some great views!!! :thumbsup:
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby cccamper » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:30 pm

hi, i can't get your travel page to come up. :o would love to see it. branson is only about 200 miles or so from here so we would like to go there.

i was there about 25 years ago. it is *nothing* like that now. the baldknobbers were about the only show in town. happy they got rich off the whole explosion. i read once they even sold the land for the enormous mall. happy the "new kids" didn't squash them out.

sure would love to see christmas at silver dollar city. have seen photos and it is breathtaking.

can you recommend campgrounds? (if you did, never mind, i just didn't notice any)

thanks! :thumbsup:

elizabeth
Robert and Elizabeth - "e"
Guppy the Tiny Teardrop

"Naked people have little to no influence
on society." - - Mark Twain
cccamper
Platinum Donating Member

Postby cguardsman » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:05 pm

Branson??? you were about 15 miles from me! I live in Stone Co. which is the county Silver Dollar City is in. If anyone is down this way and looking to canoe I live on the James River across from as access point. It is a 5 mile float from my house to town :)
Craig
cguardsman
Teardrop Master

Postby s4son » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 pm

elizabeth,
Sorry, I let my web site expire. We really had a good time in Branson. There are several camp grounds in and around Branson. I would look for one close to where you are going to visit. Having said that, it's pretty easy to get around. Better then when 76 was the only way in or out.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby cccamper » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:56 pm

cguardsman wrote:Branson??? you were about 15 miles from me! I live in Stone Co. which is the county Silver Dollar City is in. If anyone is down this way and looking to canoe I live on the James River across from as access point. It is a 5 mile float from my house to town :)

canoeing.. *sigh*

as for places we would go to see.. the trees. funny because we have virtually no direct sun in our yard due to trees. water. definitely water.

in april was in SF to visit my younger brother. on my birthday (best present ever!) just he and i went up to yosemite. so beautiful. we both took tons of video. we got back home and realized we have in total about 2 hours of video virtually all of water!

i miss being in the evergreen forests in nat'l parks in washington state. when we were kids our family normally camped in national forests and rarely saw other people. the trees were so huge you could barely see the tops. they would sway in the breeze and sound like the ocean. we also camped right on fresh freezing cold mountain streams for our water and it was so good!

the smell was intoxicating even to just a little brat.

our porta=potti was an old army issue folding shovel. :lol:

:cry:

but when we moved to sandusky, ohio, dad got us an old lymon (sp?) power boat and a little rhodes bantam 14' sailboat. that was a good consolation for leaving. wish i had that powerboat now. it was the beautiful wood shiplap construction. what did we know.. it's long gone.

but i would give anything to experience washington. it is so far way. probably isn't the same now anyway since that was about 30000 years ago.
:lol:

oh no! i'm getting serious!!!

e (thats truthfully my real name in my family and close friends)
Robert and Elizabeth - "e"
Guppy the Tiny Teardrop

"Naked people have little to no influence
on society." - - Mark Twain
cccamper
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales