Memorial Weekend in Central Oregon

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Memorial Weekend in Central Oregon

Postby NW_Subie » Mon May 28, 2007 11:37 am

Made a long weekend and went camping in Central Oregon. Headed up the Cascade Lakes highway from Bend to Mallard Marsh campground near Hosmer Lake. Only 3 other campers, so very quiet. Some mosquitos but not too bad. My favorite campground in the area. Made the mistake of leaving since Theresa wanted to see Newberry National Monument. Camped at East Lake Campground. Nice campground but full of noisy people. Harley riders partied all night and a large family moved in next to us. Opposite of the previous night. Noisy humans vs. noisy wildlife. Got a chance to explore the area and then decided to come home one day early to miss the traffic. More pictures in the album.

NW_Subie
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Mon May 28, 2007 11:44 am

:o So whats all that white stuff. Ya'll growin cottin up thar. :D Don't ya know it's supposed to be summer. Nice pictures---thank you. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby NW_Subie » Mon May 28, 2007 11:54 pm

Miriam C. wrote::o So whats all that white stuff. Ya'll growin cottin up thar. :D Don't ya know it's supposed to be summer. Nice pictures---thank you. :thumbsup:

You mean the hair or what was behind me. :)

Plenty of snow left. Where we get our water and power from. Average snow year. 1st memorial day weekend in something like 5 years that was nice weather. It has been a nice spring.
NW_Subie
Teardrop Master

2nd time to Mallard Marsh

Postby NW_Subie » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:02 pm

I liked Mallard Marsh campground so much I went a second time this summer. Went with my dad over a long weekend. Cold at night. Brought the kayak this time, but forgot the camera. I think Sparks Lake is still my favorite of the Cascade High Lakes but Hosmer Lake is pretty cool. My dad was pretty impressed with the TD. The usual questions/comments. While my dad was getting his fishing license a guy stopped to talk. Had sold his 5th wheel/big truck and was building a 5x9 fatboy replica. Said he had seen a Little Guy in Salem that inspired his build. Hadn't realized how much attention TD's get. :o
NW_Subie
Teardrop Master

central or camping

Postby Oregonian » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:36 pm

You were camping in my back yard. I live in Lapine.
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales