Lake Isabella Pix!

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Postby Nic » Wed May 30, 2007 5:52 pm

fornesto wrote:You didn't happen to run into the Hell's Angels this weekend did you? As a kid, we once accidentally camped at the Kern River near Isabella on Memorial Day Weekend and it happened to be a huge Hell's Angel gathering. That was not a fun thing to find out at about 3:00AM as 100+ bikes rolled in and the party got started. Mom and Dad got us outta there pretty quick!!! :shock: :lol:

Nope no Hell's Angels. But lots of bikes touring about.
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby Nic » Wed May 30, 2007 5:57 pm

Loader wrote:Nic,

Great pics! Looks like great weekend weather, rained all weekend here in Ft Worth.

Question for you. I see you have added some nice looking hubcaps/babymoons; really looks good. Are those the white 4 lug wheels you have on the trailer in your album? Are they 12 inch wheels? I think the pic is titled something like new free wheels. Anyway, how did you attach them, and where did you order them? I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for wheel covers.

Again, great looking trailer, and looks like yo uhad a great weekend outing!

Thanks for the rotate Gage. HAHA!!!

On my wheels and hub caps.... Yes the wheels are the white 4 lug wheels. As some other things on my camper i found something that will work for now on my hubcas. I went to Auto Zone looking for the baby moons. But they said they did not have them and they could not get them. So i took a shot at this hubcap store. At first i didnt think they would have anything but he has these three hubcaps that are kinda flat kinda not with no brand name on them. He sold them to me for $20 flat. To get them to stay on the wheel i held them to the wheel and made marks at the spoks of the white wheels. Then i put small holes to slip zip ties through. And just zip tied them to the wheels. They hold real well!!! But i plan to change them out when i find a deal on some wheels and or caps.
Nic
500 Club

Postby Nobody » Wed May 30, 2007 9:16 pm

Don't mean to hijack your thread Nic but here's some info on 'moon' type hubcaps for 12" wheels -

Earl, don't know if you've looked at these but there's a couple of different ones for 12" wheels. Think I remember someone on the forum last year tried them & had to use the screw-on type 'cause the snap on wouldn't hold on the white spoke wheels?? Anyway, take a look at this link - http://tinyurl.com/33bk3q
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tandmkennedy » Wed May 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Yo Nic -

Congrats on a successful road trip. We also road tripped over Mday weekend - to the Grand Canyon. You still up for some local camping?

Mike & Tricia
Mike & Tricia in So Cal

Adventures in our T@B Blog
tandmkennedy
Teardrop Builder

Postby Nic » Thu May 31, 2007 11:54 am

tandmkennedy wrote:Yo Nic -

Congrats on a successful road trip. We also road tripped over Mday weekend - to the Grand Canyon. You still up for some local camping?

Mike & Tricia

Hey guys! Thanks! Now thats a drive i would like to take! I have gone by the grand many times on 40. But not once have i ever seen the canyon. Sounds like i need to go check out your travel pix. Sounds like you guys get out as much or more than i do. And im just about out every weekend. Im going to be buisy with school stuff for a bit. But im for sure still down for some local camping. Even though you guys are going look way cooler than me with that new camper. :lol: Tell ya what. The next time either of us plan to camp lets let eachother know. :thumbsup:
Nic
500 Club

Postby tandmkennedy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Will do. This weekend we are trailering up to Temecula for the Balloon and Wine festival - on Lake Skinner. Lots of great bands, 10,000 Maniacs, Collective Soul and more. Free concerts and tickets to the festival all weekend with our camping reservation.

Next weekend we are camping down in San Diego somewhere to check out a new campsite that is part of the Thousand Trails program.

After these next two weekends we should be back to normal camping here and there type places. I would like to camp near the ocean somewhere. Any ideas? Huntington Beach/Bolsa Chica State Beach or Doheny perhaps.

Mike :)

Nic wrote:

Mike & Tricia

Hey guys! Thanks! Now thats a drive i would like to take! I have gone by the grand many times on 40. But not once have i ever seen the canyon. Sounds like i need to go check out your travel pix. Sounds like you guys get out as much or more than i do. And im just about out every weekend. Im going to be buisy with school stuff for a bit. But im for sure still down for some local camping. Even though you guys are going look way cooler than me with that new camper. :lol: Tell ya what. The next time either of us plan to camp lets let eachother know. :thumbsup:
Mike & Tricia in So Cal

Adventures in our T@B Blog
tandmkennedy
Teardrop Builder

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:41 pm

tandmkennedy wrote:Will do. This weekend we are trailering up to Temecula for the Balloon and Wine festival - on Lake Skinner. Lots of great bands, 10,000 Maniacs, Collective Soul and more. Free concerts and tickets to the festival all weekend with our camping reservation.

Next weekend we are camping down in San Diego somewhere to check out a new campsite that is part of the Thousand Trails program.

After these next two weekends we should be back to normal camping here and there type places. I would like to camp near the ocean somewhere. Any ideas? Huntington Beach/Bolsa Chica State Beach or Doheny perhaps.

Mike :)

Nic wrote:

Mike & Tricia

Sounds like fun guys. My fave beach spot is north on PCH. North of Oxnard. Its right on the beach. Its private and small. The name is Hobson. I think they have a web site.

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales