Lake Isabella Pix!

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Lake Isabella Pix!

Postby Nic » Mon May 28, 2007 7:32 pm

Hey everyone! I just got back from my trip! And it was so hot! It was 90 all day! I thought i was going to die! But i had a blast! And had some awsome views! The drive was a blast. 2600 feet in altitude it was the highest i have taken my camper. And my beetle did awsome! Now im not so afraid of climbs. So im ready for the back side of Big Bear soon!
Here are some pix. Hope you guys like them. I didnt get any pix of the nice parts of the drive. They are all cliff side with water. haha. HANDS ON THE WHEEL!!!! 8)

Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Mon May 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Nic those are beautiful photos ...Looks like you had nice weather and a lot of fun on that tour...

Thanks for sharing them with us.. :applause: :applause:

regards
Classic Finn :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Kens » Mon May 28, 2007 8:47 pm

I love your tear but I may have a stupid question. Why is your hatch up so high? You could use it for shade if alittle lower.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby steve wolverton » Mon May 28, 2007 8:50 pm

I like the little awnings. :thumbsup:
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sledge » Mon May 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Gosh.......... makes me want to start packing right now....... :lol:
sledge
500 Club

Postby Nic » Tue May 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Kens wrote:I love your tear but I may have a stupid question. Why is your hatch up so high? You could use it for shade if alittle lower.

HAHA! I have a good reason to go with that good question. The short answer is that im 6'4". So i need head room. Also.... the hooked part of my hatch will one day hold lighting over my head. The more flat part of the hatch that is standing on end holds all of my plates and things in pockets made of the white and blue fabric. The fabric will be changed one day to wood i think. Here are a couple pix to give ya the idea. The only one that you can see the plates and things i have no idea how to rotate. So turn your head. HAHAHA!!!
Nic
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue May 29, 2007 3:56 pm

:lol: :lol: REally good idea with the fabric. The picture can be rotated, usually in the same program you made them smaller in. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Nic » Tue May 29, 2007 3:59 pm

steve wolverton wrote:I like the little awnings. :thumbsup:

THANKS!!!! I learned how to stitch when i made those. HAHAHA!!!! Both awnings like many things on my camper i plan to upgrade/change. I want them to both be bigger with wooden supports. And they will one day hook up to my wooden roof rack that im working on. :twisted:
Nic
500 Club

Postby Nic » Tue May 29, 2007 4:01 pm

Miriam C. wrote::lol: :lol: REally good idea with the fabric. The picture can be rotated, usually in the same program you made them smaller in. 8)

Thanks Mariam! I looked all over for rotate. It cant be found. :oops:
Nic
500 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Tue May 29, 2007 4:07 pm

Nic wrote: HAHA! I have a good reason to go with that good question. The short answer is that im 6'4". So i need head room. Also.... the hooked part of my hatch will one day hold lighting over my head. The more flat part of the hatch that is standing on end holds all of my plates and things in pockets made of the white and blue fabric.

I love that idea! I've been out 3 times in my tear and easy access storage is key. Very clever indeed!!

And, at 6' tall I totally understand the need for "headroom". Great thing about building your own, you can do it the way you want!

Enjoy!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue May 29, 2007 4:11 pm

Here you go Nic.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby fornesto » Tue May 29, 2007 5:09 pm

You didn't happen to run into the Hell's Angels this weekend did you? As a kid, we once accidentally camped at the Kern River near Isabella on Memorial Day Weekend and it happened to be a huge Hell's Angel gathering. That was not a fun thing to find out at about 3:00AM as 100+ bikes rolled in and the party got started. Mom and Dad got us outta there pretty quick!!! :shock: :lol:
fornesto
Donating Member

Postby Loader » Tue May 29, 2007 9:38 pm

Nic,

Great pics! Looks like great weekend weather, rained all weekend here in Ft Worth.

Question for you. I see you have added some nice looking hubcaps/babymoons; really looks good. Are those the white 4 lug wheels you have on the trailer in your album? Are they 12 inch wheels? I think the pic is titled something like new free wheels. Anyway, how did you attach them, and where did you order them? I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for wheel covers.

Again, great looking trailer, and looks like yo uhad a great weekend outing!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue May 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Nic wrote:
Miriam C. wrote::lol: :lol: REally good idea with the fabric. The picture can be rotated, usually in the same program you made them smaller in. 8)

Thanks Mariam! I looked all over for rotate. It cant be found. :oops:

I have JASC paint shop pro and it is under Image. What program are you using?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Nic » Wed May 30, 2007 5:50 pm

NutmegJoe wrote:
Nic wrote: HAHA! I have a good reason to go with that good question. The short answer is that im 6'4". So i need head room. Also.... the hooked part of my hatch will one day hold lighting over my head. The more flat part of the hatch that is standing on end holds all of my plates and things in pockets made of the white and blue fabric.

I love that idea! I've been out 3 times in my tear and easy access storage is key. Very clever indeed!!

And, at 6' tall I totally understand the need for "headroom". Great thing about building your own, you can do it the way you want!

Enjoy!

Oh yes! When i came up with my design it was all about my hight. Outside and inside. Im thinking of floor storage in the galley also.
Nic
500 Club

Next

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales