Memorial Day Over-Nighter

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Memorial Day Over-Nighter

Postby MrBuzz » Tue May 29, 2007 9:54 am

Did anyone else get out over the holiday? I made a short over-night hop to my mother's farm. This was my second time out with the TD, another shakedown cruise to make sure nothing falls off
:thumbsup:
This trailer really tows well! I am amazed at how easily it goes down the road. Even with my P/T Cruiser, which is not a big car, most of the time I'm not even aware it is back there. I need to get it on a scale to find out what the final weight is...but it really rolls right along!
I have most of the 12V electrical finished, last week I added the 110V inlet and started that side of the wiring. I also started work on a rear interior shelf unit that will be eventually be the rear cabinets. I also added a couple final moldings and a locking safety hasp for the hatch...don't want to loose the cooler on the freeway

Hope everyone had a safe and respectful Memorial Day
MrBuzz
8)

Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby dakotamouse » Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 am

I know men hate hearing this but .............CUTE!

I have a 4 cylinder Malibu and I'm also amazed at how well they tow. We weighed our tear at our local dump ground.

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Sierrajack » Tue May 29, 2007 2:54 pm

Hey Buzz,
Pretty neat scenery - TD looks extra good.......
I added a retaining strip so my cooler won't come out and of course, the hatch locks down on both sides. I hate it when the cooler comes out and spills the Lienies all over the road. That also presents a safety hazard when the kids start picking up the beers in the middle of the highway.
I ran over a beer bottle once, darned kid had it under his coat....

:lol: :lol: :?
Sierrajack
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue May 29, 2007 3:45 pm

I ran over a beer bottle once, darned kid had it under his coat....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beautiful setting. I could dig out a book in that setting and go to sleep. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby dakotamouse » Tue May 29, 2007 6:33 pm

:lol: Hey that reminds me of a camping get together the husband and I went to. One person had a cooler that would creak LOUDLY when ever it was opened. He said he could fix it but it worked well to keep the kids from stealing beer out of his cooler.

Later that night........CREAK! Almost simutaneously voices from 4 different campers yelled "GET THE HELL OUT OF THAT COOLER!!!""" Not a single beer was missing in the morning.

Age and wisdom wins out over youth :beer: again!

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Tue May 29, 2007 6:46 pm

Looking Good Mr. Buzz!! :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good weekend!! Thats whats it's all about.

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby MrBuzz » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:35 am

Thanks for the replies. That setting is even better than it looks. My mother's farm is at the foot of a 400 ft bluff on a river about 2 miles from the Missisippi River. If you could see through those trees you would see all the way to the bluffs in Minnesota. That stretch of territory in Wisconisin, the Mississippi River and Lake Pepin, is amazing.
Dakota Mouse: No offense taken...I catch myself calling it cute too!
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales