BLUE SPRINGS STATE PARK, ORANGE CITY, FLORIDA

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

BLUE SPRINGS STATE PARK, ORANGE CITY, FLORIDA

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:48 pm

We took the tear to Blue Springs last week for a couple of days. Nice campground and good facilities. Rained really hard the night we got there and we had our first leak in the teardrop. Really hot weather had caused the silicone sealant on the hatch hinge to open up a little. No big deal to fix when I got home , but I wish I'd had a roll of duct tape with me. Other than that it was a good trip, the springs are 73 degrees year round and good swimming. We also saw this guy and a bunch of his buddies out on the river.

Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:56 pm

:applause: :thumbsup:

Nice. Glad you had a good time cooling it in the springs.

Seeing as how I have the same hinge, and I'm in the same state and weather... what silicone would you recomend for this not to happen? Or is it just something to deal with. ...and take duck tape? :lol:

Thats a BIG gator BTW! :shock:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Mary K,

I had sealed the wood strips over the hinge with silicone just in case the very unproven at the time hinge failed to work out. That was a year and a half ago, and the hinge still looks and works OK. So, I shoulda sealed the wood strips to the TD using something other than silicone, it was used because it was very removable without destroying something. I have now sealed the the wood strips down with my favorite construction adhesive.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:32 pm

MK, I am not a fan of silicones for the above reasons...I prefer an auto windhield adhesive/sealant (it can take the heat) or something like SIKA-FLEX 221, available from Austin Hardware and other discerning outfits....both of these products arre urethane based.........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Mary K » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:05 pm

Cool Beans :thumbsup: Thanks Guys. I didn't mean to hijack.

Lets get back to Steve's Adventure...

It's Steve in the down unda Florida, sneaking up on a gator. "Isn't sha a beaut? Now, I'm gonna sneek up behind her and stick me thumb up her bum...."
:lol: :lol:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Mary K wrote: "Isn't sha a beaut? Now, I'm gonna sneek up behind her and stick me thumb up her bum...."
Mk

Huh?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:12 pm

Mary K wrote:Cool Beans :thumbsup: Thanks Guys. I didn't mean to hijack.

Lets get back to Steve's Adventure...

It's Steve in the down unda Florida, sneaking up on a gator. "Isn't sha a beaut? Now, I'm gonna sneek up behind her and stick me thumb up her bum...."
:lol: :lol:

Mk

...OK ;) ...sounds like a lovely time Steve...the only Florida Spring I have been to is Wakula(sp?) Springs near Tallahasse(sp?)...very nice and thay had wild monkeys in the trees left from a Jungle Jim movie, made during the '30's(?)...but that was 40+ years ago................
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:19 am

bledsoe3 wrote:
Mary K wrote: "Isn't sha a beaut? Now, I'm gonna sneek up behind her and stick me thumb up her bum...."
Mk

Huh?

Jim,

It's a Steve Irwin quote no doubt. "Cricky, my thumb in her bum"? never heard that one... :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Ira » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:08 am

I'm with it, guys:

It's from a South Park episode that parodied Steve Irwin. (This was way before he had dies.)

All he wanted to do was stick his thumb about animal's rear ends to piss them off.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Mary K » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:44 am

:Oh Brother: :Oh Brother: :Oh Brother:

Oh Gosh! And the hijacking continues.... sorry Steve... :oops: :lol: :lol: but I'm glad you got the reference. :thumbsup:

Soo, no other pictures of the campgrounds and your setup or you in a speedo in the taking a dip in the springs...? :oops:

:D :D

Mk

Ps, Thanks Ira for splaining it.. :thumbsup: I'm happy to know you are a south park fan.
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby db4962 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:44 pm

We were at Blue Springs that weekend, too (06/08/07-06/10/07)! I wish we could have seen your teardrop. We took our L'il Guy and had a great time.

It really is a nice place. The water was very clear and cold, and there was a swimming area that was great. In a couple of pictures we took you can see some of the creatures you share the water with, 3 to 5 feet long alligator gar. However, they have to be posted in our album so small that you can't really make them out.

[/img]
db4962
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 pm

DB,

Sorry we missed you too. We were there Wed to Fri morning. Guess that's why we didn't run into each other. Are coming up to Fort Clinch Aug 3-5?
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby db4962 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:03 am

We had planned on being there, but I have to work that weekend and will not be able to make it :cry: I guess I will have to wait until the next one.

Dave
db4962
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales