First Tear Trip Redux

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

First Tear Trip Redux

Postby kiacker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:35 am

And for the rest of the story....

For those who had read that my first tear trip was a no-go because of the brakes on my tow vehicle, here's proof I finally made it! Found some mechanics who could fix the brakes on the ol' truck (turns out my front 4x4 wheel seals were gone & were leaking grease all over the brakes - that's why they were sticking & locking up!) and now she's once again running (and most importantly stopping!!!) like a dream. :applause: The teardrop pulls so smooth & even, I can't even feel it back there! :thumbsup:

Took the tear to Yellow Banks Park, a local county park, and had a great time! Well worth all the effort! And as everyone else, had to give "tours" to curious onlookers. My trusty traveling partner Luke was so happy to finally camp that it took him a day to finally calm down. Here's a few pictures for ya all!
Our first campsite with the tear.
View from one of the scenic spots in the park.
First time DO cooking too!
Luke doing what he does best.
My very happy traveling buddy!

Label me one very happy camper!!! 8) Life is great! Can't wait to get out there again next weekend! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :P :beer: :campfire: :wakka wakka:
Lisa
Lisa

My life's work is to be my dog's servant, pay his rent, drive him to the park, and keep his food bowl full!
kiacker
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mary K » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:07 am

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Congrats Lisa! Looks like you and Luke had a great time. Your Teardrop is awesome too. :thumbsup:

Here is to many more great camping trips. :beer:

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:24 am

Lisa,

Your Luke is going to have to have a talk with my Pepper. Seems he doesn't like the water at all. Last time we went camping he chased some ducks right up to the edge of the water and stopped. When the ducks realized he didn't like water, they stayed just a few feet from the beach, taunting him. :cry:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby khutson » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:45 am

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Way to go! glad you finally got going. Looks like your redux was a great trip!

Ken
Our build blog, We try to keep it current! Check it out!
http://kennoel.blogspot.com/
khutson
Donating Member

Postby kiacker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:51 pm

Hey Mike,

Isn't Pepper a Schnauzer? I don't know too many of those who like to get wet! :lol: I'm sure Luke would be more than happy to stop by & give Pepper a few pointers plus lots of encouragement! Any excuse to be in the water! Makes it difficult to keep him in the kayak when we paddle! :lol: :lol:

Lisa
Lisa

My life's work is to be my dog's servant, pay his rent, drive him to the park, and keep his food bowl full!
kiacker
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jdarkoregon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Lisa, good for you, sorry you had such a bad experience with the first brake guy,

So, how was the first DO meal? did you eat it?

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby kiacker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:04 pm

Hey John,
That first DO meal was wonderful! I made a chicken pot pie right from the forum recipe book. Yum, yum! I had people in the next camp site over making fun of me because I had troubles getting the charcoal starter going, but once I got 'er done, they shut up. Plus a few beers helped me to forget they were there! :beer: :beer: :beer: Can't wait to do it again!
Lisa
Lisa

kiacker
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bledsoe3 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Lisa, I'm glad you finally got to go camping. I'll always remember my first time out in my tear. I'm sure you will too. :thumbsup:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby jmtk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:25 pm

Lisa,

Congrats on your successful trip! :applause: :applause: I'm glad it went smoothly the second time around! Better get used to giving tours - you'll be doing it a lot with that good-looking tear!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales