An Englishman abroad 1

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Postby Creamcracker » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:13 am

UK-Corlett wrote:Hi Pieface

I do not have a shot of the TD in front of the Eiffle tower but will this do.

Just look a happy Camper

Is that your Pacific Blue Jaguar S Type along side? Is that your tow vehicle?
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby UK-Corlett » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am

Hi Creamcracker

If you checkout my album page3 you get a better look.

Also check out page2 for my other tow vehicle.

Clive

PS
I think its a 5yr old 3.0 Sport; blue ish.

However it does need two new tyres and at £130 ($260) each I am currently saving up.

PPS

Actually I locked my keys in the car while out in France. I tried to get a profesional in, to open the car but was told that it's so secure no one, not even Jaguar could get in. SO I HIT THE WINDOW WITH A HAMMER !!

The gray stuff is Gaffer Tape!

UK-Corlett
Teardrop Master

Postby Creamcracker » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:17 am

UK-Corlett wrote:Hi Creamcracker

If you checkout my album page3 you get a better look.

Also check out page2 for my other tow vehicle.

Clive

PS
I think its a 5yr old 3.0 Sport; blue ish.

However it does need two new tyres and at £130 ($260) each I am currently saving up.

PPS

Actually I locked my keys in the car while out in France. I tried to get a profesional in, to open the car but was told that it's so secure no one, not even Jaguar could get in. SO I HIT THE WINDOW WITH A HAMMER !!

The gray stuff is Gaffer Tape!

Too bad about the window....I just put a new set of tires on mine NEXEN 3000 -- they are a great tire and they cost me less than $300 for all 4! Don't know if they are available in the UK or not.
Here's my X Type plated FAST CAT in Pacific Blue -- same as yours.
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby H@nk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Maybe I'm to late for posting, but I go every year once or twice to France.

The people are very gentle, even if you don't speak the language, but the paris citizens think that everybody who don't live in Paris is a farmer.

The petrol is called essence. The octane is :95= Euro, 98=Super, you have also V power, that is petrol with supplies in it. It is called "sans plombe" . These kind of petrols are all over the most European countries.
In the Netherlands we call it "loodvrij"in Germany it is "bleifrei". Belgium has no own language, the speak in the north Dutch, in the eastpart German and in the south Frenche.
I think it will be a lot of money to ship your own T@B over sea, so maybe it is better and cheaper to rent one here, after all they are made in Germany by Tabbert. They built also the bigger T@B XL.
Hope this will be a little information where you can do anything with?

Salut Henk
Old bread isn't hard, no bread, that's hard.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:35 pm

H@nk wrote:The people are very gentle, even if you don't speak the language, but the paris citizens think that everybody who don't live in Paris is a farmer.

It's like that here except you substitute Paris for New York.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby GregB » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:01 am

Hey Clive,

Not all of us have no use for the French. I lived over there in the north of France for a year and a half and really enjoyed the people. Of course, I met as many Italians, Algerians, Turks, and Moroccans as I did French, but I got a big kick out of it. It is amazing how much more friendly they become when you even attempt to speak the language.

Once, I had the chance to better understand the antipathy between the French and the English. I was sitting on a bench at the port in Calais when a British woman, fresh off the hovercraft, approached a sandwich wagon (i.e., "roach coach") and requested a ham and cheese sandwich, known locally as a croque monsieur.
The owner had left for a moment and his 14 year old daughter was working the stand. Unfortunately, the daughter had a rudimentary command of English, at best, and did not understand what her slightly exasperated customer was requesting. To make matters worse, our Brit assumed that volume was the necessary antidote to the miscommunication and proceeded to repeatedly repeat her request, increasing each time in intensity.
By the time I had displaced my rear from the bench and shuffled over to aid in translation, both parties were questioning the other's ancestry (the French girl getting, by far, the best of it, in my opinion). I was able to translate the request and the sandwich was subsequently delivered.
I attempted to explain to the Brit that, whilst in a foreign country, it is almost unavoidable to encounter recalcitrant, and often churlish locals who only speak their own language; and that perhaps she would be happier remaining with her tour rather than venturing out on her own. The poor vendeuse was mollified by the typical shrug of the shoulders and the observation, "What can you do? She is English", as though that explained all. British-Franco relations continued on as they have for hundreds of years, unchanged.

GB
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales