Ricketts Glen Photos

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Ricketts Glen Photos

Postby swissarmygirl » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:47 am

What a fun slideshow...loved the music! :wakka wakka:

I went to Ricketts Glen this summer too!
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/559690673kQOQQV
Can't wait to bring the td there!

BTW...I'm so gonna have that song in my head all day now.... :lol:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:07 pm

:applause: Thanks for sharing these with us. They are great and it looks like a peaceful place to spend a long while. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:05 pm

:D Real woodsy and cool looking water shots. Bet you had a fun time. :thumbsup: Maybe someday Miriam and I can go there. I really like areas like that. I just don't think of Pennsylvania as having areas like this. Thanks Colonel Ricketts and family. :applause:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby len19070 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:20 pm

That park is so cool! I did it a few years ago.

I don't know what direction you came in from, but one way is this Killer hill. We went all the way up it and there were no Campsites left...so we went all the way down it...Which was real exciting.. :? .and stayed at a little private Campground...Then drove all the way UP the hill to walk the Falls.

But!!

It was worth it.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Yep...good ol' Red Rock Mountain! I actually used to live 5 minutes from there and traveled up and over that "hill" semi-regularly. You get some wild storms during the summer up top there too.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:38 pm

I've been there twice and it is one of the most beautiful parks that I've been too!! Another great area in PA is West of Ricketts Glen in a town called Cedar Run. It's in the area called the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. We stayed in a cabin at the campground in Cedar Run and hiked up toward and past Blackwell on a hiking trail made from an old railroad line. It pretty much flanks Pine Creek the whole way up to Wellsboro. Pine Creek is also a nice river to canoe, too.

Beautiful country up there!!!

:thumbsup: Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby swissarmygirl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:16 am

WarPony wrote:I've been there twice and it is one of the most beautiful parks that I've been too!! Another great area in PA is West of Ricketts Glen in a town called Cedar Run. It's in the area called the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. We stayed in a cabin at the campground in Cedar Run and hiked up toward and past Blackwell on a hiking trail made from an old railroad line. It pretty much flanks Pine Creek the whole way up to Wellsboro. Pine Creek is also a nice river to canoe, too.

Beautiful country up there!!!

:thumbsup: Jeff

I've heard of that place, but never got there. I'm gonna have to put it on my list.

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales