Took a little trip on the Lincoln highway part 2

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Took a little trip on the Lincoln highway part 2

Postby Rooky » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 pm

On we go down the highway, time to stop and pick up some lunch in Ames Iowa. We went to a state park south of Boone, Iowa called Ledges State Park. We stoped and ate but did not take any pictures, so I will include one from 2 weeks before, when we rode up there on our scooters.
From there we went on to Boone for a look at the Kate Shelly Bridge, the highest double trestle in the U.S.
The road down to the bottom is the roughest road that we have been on with the TD. We sufferd some minor damage. Back to the highway we go, more Burma shave signs.
In the next town we stopped in front of an old Standard station, now a vetranarians office
We made a few more stops, not much that is noteworthy. We are now at the end of part 2, more to come...
Rodger & Tami
Rooky
Teardrop Builder

Postby dakotamouse » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Scooters and teardrops in one post! Whoo hooo! Loved the pictures. What kind of scoots are those?

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Rooky » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Honda Metropolitans. They are 50cc water cooled and have a blazing top speed of 40 mph. The pictures were from a ride we took 2 weeks ago, to Ledges State Park. We rode up for a picnic lunch and back to Des Moines. A total of 140 miles round trip.Image
Rodger & Tami
Rooky
Teardrop Builder

Postby dakotamouse » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Sounds like you had a blast! Love the looks of the Metropolitan but for riding in traffic around here I need a little more power. Folks can be kinda nasty if you don't MOVE IT when the light changes. I have a 150 Buddy.

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Rooky » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:00 pm

We sometimes think that bigger scooters would be better, but thats what we have the motorcycles for ! :lol: I can see your point tho!
Rodger & Tami
Rooky
Teardrop Builder

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales