Rockport, Texas at Goose Island SP, a great weekend...

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Rockport, Texas at Goose Island SP, a great weekend...

Postby chorizon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

I had promised Sarah that we wouldn't go camping until we got our TD finished, but now we'll have to consider that promise broken. We hadn't been to the TX culf-coast in years and even then we never stayed anywhere near the water, but last weekend we went to Rockport, TX and stayed at a great state park, Goose Island.

Well it took less than 3 hours to get there after work on Thursday (wow, I didn't know we were that close?!) and had a good time. We took a few pics, enjoy...
Before we left Austin, we stole (borrowed) 2 kayaks and a popup-camper! Rockin' good times!

Wow! We get there, and the sites are right on the bay!
Sarah sets up camp and entertains Haas with magic tricks. Here, she has stolen his nose! Where is it? Only after the camp is setup will we find out... :thumbsup:
Just about ready to relax...
Alright, now it's relaxin' time! Except for Haas, he doesn't know what to think about the major lack of grass, not to mention the ground is made of crushed oyster shells!
Texas Gulf Coast Sunset!
The blast-proof shelter is a great place to take refuge from the constant 30 MPH winds on the island (but hey! where are the mosquitoes!).
The next day, Haas finds the softest place to lay down and sacks completely out...;)
I have an announcement to make! I set up my new WalMart $30 shelter, and its better than expected!
And I found a place to fish!
Bait-Caster? What does that mean? It means the reel makes "bird-nests" every time you cast out that's what that means!
Sarah looks like she knows what she's doing, so...
...I'll just russle up some dinner...
A little while later, Sarah tries out her secret rig...!
...And catches a nice-sized redfish! (Welllllllll! I caught..ahem...<cough-cough> uhhh... let me get back to you on that...)!
Its just about bed-time...

Well, that concludes the few pictures we took on our wonderful odyssey to Rockport. Most of the time we were having a lot of fun, and just didn't feel like finding the camera to take some pics. The last pic is in front of the place where the Munsters used to live, the locals call it the Fulton Mansion. Its a great place with TONS of mosquitoes, hope you enjoyed the pics!
-Joshua, Sarah, & Haas
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

rockport, tx

Postby Eaganites » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh wow! I can feel the breeze and hear the lap of the ocean - way back here in Minnesota. We can't make it to Tx this year but we will have our tear drop for a drive down Dec. 2010. We hope to start at Metagorda camp a night or two and then Goose Island three or four nights and then on to Port Aransas. Until then we have our memories and dreams. Thanks for the pictures. Pat :D
Pat
Eaganites
Teardrop Builder

Re: rockport, tx

Postby chorizon » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:27 am

Eaganites wrote:Oh wow! I can feel the breeze and hear the lap of the ocean - way back here in Minnesota. We can't make it to Tx this year but we will have our tear drop for a drive down Dec. 2010. We hope to start at Metagorda camp a night or two and then Goose Island three or four nights and then on to Port Aransas. Until then we have our memories and dreams. Thanks for the pictures. Pat :D

Thanks, Pat, sounds like you've got a fun trip planned. I was a little premature when I announced I had pics of our trip, but I'm glad you found them! I haven't been to Matagorda yet, but I hear its really nice. Maybe that'll be our maiden voyage (soon!) of our TD, the Hill Country Hauler.
Thanks,
Joshua & Sarah
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:37 am

Hi, Joshua and Sarah:

Thanks for sharing your trip! I had a mini-vacation, just looking at the pictures! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby chorizon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks for the thanks, Sharon! We were really happy to get away, even for just a long weekend, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! :thumbsup:
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales