Trip Two a beauty

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Trip Two a beauty

Postby Py0tr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:02 am

The second trip was much better than the first, we had coffee mugs, a washing up bowl, propane refills and enough chips and dip too.
We stopped along the way and flipped up the tail to make coffee. It was really good to have a decent cup without being stung $4.00! My Scottish genes rejoiced!
The trailer tours really kicked in full force we counted 10 full tours in 3 days, I'm sure it's not a record, but it was really fun to have the majority of passer bye's stopping for a friendly chat :thumbsup:
Image After reading a thread about spare wheels I got on our local version of e-bay or perhaps "Craig List" and found a spacesaver spare for $20. I had to buy an extra set of wheel nuts to space the wheel out as the rim has a deeper offset than the trailer wheel. But for a total of $38 we are all set. Now I want to get a bracket made to mount the wheel in front of the trailer on the drawbar. This will hopefully protect the front of the trailer which has already caught a few stone chips.

The packing up is starting to get quicker and we didn't actually forget anything :applause: Image

We are lucky enough to be able to go away for another week next week. I'll take heaps more pictures and add them to the album now I've found out how to resize picture quickly (Love Photobucket<3)
Py0tr
Teardrop Master

Great!

Postby Alfred » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 am

That's a great picture of coffee with the tall trees! Great to hear the trip was a success. Gotta get mine finished so I can take a trip in the Spring!

Al in Asheville, NC :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks for sharing - looks like a good trip!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 am

:applause: :thumbsup: Just beautiful! I agree with the stopping for coffee thing. I has been nice to stop and fix a meal on the road. I am not fond of restaurants anyway.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Dragonryder » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Now you've got me wanting to get my tear done. That looks and sounds like a great trip. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Have a great day and hoping the weather is great no matter where you are!!!

Signed, Me
Dragonryder
Teardrop Master

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 pm

OK lots more pictures next time. Those of us up in the snow need it 8)
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:04 am

Greg,

Nice photo. I believe you have captured the essence of what it's really all about.

Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales