Come for a walk in the ravine with my dog and some friends

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Come for a walk in the ravine with my dog and some friends

Postby bve » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

In Edmonton where I live there are a number of ravines within the city, this morning I took my camera along for a stroll with some friends and our dogs thru one of the ravines.

There are many more pictures here.

Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Very pretty but c-c-cold! I especially loved the pictures of the romping pooches! Thanks for sharing! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Thank you for sharing. Looks like a great place for winter fun.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby bve » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:31 am

Sharon, it actually has been unseasonably warm the last 2 weeks, so we found it to be quite nice - I guess it's all relative to whatever one is used to. It's ALL about the doggies - they are the reason for the walk.

Auntie M. it is a great place for winter fun, especially for the dogs they love the snow. A few of us in these photos do about 4km(2.5m)/day on a different trail along the riverbank, as the crow flies this ravine trail would be much shorter, however it's far windier than the weekday trail and therefore a longer walk.

We (TJ the little tan dog and myself) are fortunate to have made these friends through our walks at the dog park. All of the dogs are very close in age (1-2 yrs) and play amazingly well together. We always invite others to join us when their dog plays well with our crew, after tonight's walk I think we may have another joining us.

Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

bve
500 Club

Postby Kens » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 am

I noticed a Steelers coat way up there. Wow.
Ken
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:19 pm

I really enjoyed those pictures. The dogs are having a ball and it is fun to watch them I know. We have just had a nice size snow here and had snow on the ground for a month now, but it has started melting off. This is unusual for our area so we did enjoy it while we had it. Of course we didn't have to go to work or drive in it. My husband had a ball with his tractor plowing the neighbors out. Thanks again, it is beautiful there.

Betty
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby bve » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Kens wrote:I noticed a Steelers coat way up there. Wow.
Ken

The NFL is pretty popular up here, although I prefer the CFL - fewer teams to keep track of.

Catoosa Grani wrote:I really enjoyed those pictures. The dogs are having a ball and it is fun to watch them I know. We have just had a nice size snow here and had snow on the ground for a month now, but it has started melting off. This is unusual for our area so we did enjoy it while we had it. Of course we didn't have to go to work or drive in it. My husband had a ball with his tractor plowing the neighbors out. Thanks again, it is beautiful there.

Betty

Glad you enjoyed them. Unfortunately our weather is trending back to seasonal temps this week, still not too cold - but I prefer warmer weather myself.

Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

bve
500 Club

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales