Del's trip to florida, third week of june.

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Del's trip to florida, third week of june.

Postby del » Sat May 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Time once again for a trip to tampa florida for a little family reunion.

Planned stops;
Bryce canyon, utah
Grand canyon
Meteor crater
Roswell, new mexico
Lake Bisteneau, LA
And any stops along the way (suggestions please).

I am making this trip with my Mom so will not be in hurry. My schedule is flexible, so if anyone has a favourite campground they want to join me at, I can bump it a day or two either way.

Thanks in advance
del
Last edited by del on Sun May 30, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby caseydog » Sat May 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Palo Duro Canyon, TX

Lake Bisteneau, LA

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby del » Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 am

caseydog wrote:Palo Duro Canyon, TX

Lake Bisteneau, LA
Thanks CD, lake bisteneau is on the way.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 am

Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby del » Sun May 30, 2010 1:12 am

Ivar the Red wrote:Lake Murray in Ardmore, OK
Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow, OK

http://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.6460

http://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.6275

http://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.2848

http://www.quartzmountain.org/home.html

Just a couple...
Now I am sad, as this trip does not take me into Oklahoma.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Sun May 30, 2010 3:00 am

Don't be sad Del...we ain't goin no where...you can check it out some other time.
:lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby bc toys » Sun May 30, 2010 11:06 am

If your in Las Vegas this time of year MT Charleston Let me know. im dew for a camping trip. :lol:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Campgrounds along the way

Postby Clifford Loose » Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Suwannee River State Park should be along your route along with Manatee springs and Weeki Wachee springs and Rainbow Springs state parks.Fort De Soto State park is south of Tampa if you want on the Beach. Enjoy your trip and take plenty of photos along the way. Let us know how you route your trip south west so we can suggest some campgrounds.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby caseydog » Sun May 30, 2010 1:51 pm

del wrote:

Lake Bisteneau, LA

del

I assume you are camping, and if Bisteneau is along the way, then you are probably driving on I-20 for a while.

If you come through Dallas/Fort Worth on I-20, there is a good campground a few miles South of I-20 called Loyd Park. If the timing is right, a few of us DFW teardroppers may be able to meet you there for a night of camping.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby del » Sun May 30, 2010 3:07 pm

caseydog wrote:
del wrote:

Lake Bisteneau, LA

del

I assume you are camping, and if Bisteneau is along the way, then you are probably driving on I-20 for a while.

If you come through Dallas/Fort Worth on I-20, there is a good campground a few miles South of I-20 called Loyd Park. If the timing is right, a few of us DFW teardroppers may be able to meet you there for a night of camping.

CD
Yep I-20 from abiline tx to jackson ms. Let me know what day is good and I will plan to be there.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Re: Campgrounds along the way

Postby del » Sun May 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Clifford Loose wrote:Suwannee River State Park should be along your route along with Manatee springs and Weeki Wachee springs and Rainbow Springs state parks.Fort De Soto State park is south of Tampa if you want on the Beach. Enjoy your trip and take plenty of photos along the way. Let us know how you route your trip south west so we can suggest some campgrounds.
I used google maps to plot from roswell to riverview (tampa) fl. An exception is hyw 19 south instead of I-75, weeki wachee looks entertaining.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby caseydog » Sun May 30, 2010 4:02 pm

del wrote:
caseydog wrote:
del wrote:

Lake Bisteneau, LA

del

CD
Yep I-20 from abiline tx to jackson ms. Let me know what day is good and I will plan to be there.

del

Do you have an approximate timeframe to be in this area? If you time it for a weekend, I'm sure I can get a few of the area regulars to come out and camp with you at Loyd Park.

I live an hour from there. So does 2-bits. Woodyperk lives really close to that park, and Davel is about an hour south of it. Variman is really close, too. We might even get Spinnernut out there.

Let me know, and I'll contact the regular suspects. :lol:

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Hwy 19

Postby Clifford Loose » Sun May 30, 2010 8:52 pm

If you came down Hwy 19 you could stop by Tarpon Springs and see the sponge divers and have some good Greek food. Little slower but more to see along the way. You could come down to Clearwater and go across the causeway to Tampa. If you are coming south on I-20 stop in Vicksburg Ms and see the battlefield and also see the Historic downtown area
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby del » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:52 pm

caseydog wrote:
del wrote:
caseydog wrote:
del wrote:

Lake Bisteneau, LA

del

CD

del

Do you have an approximate timeframe to be in this area? If you time it for a weekend, I'm sure I can get a few of the area regulars to come out and camp with you at Loyd Park.

I live an hour from there. So does 2-bits. Woodyperk lives really close to that park, and Davel is about an hour south of it. Variman is really close, too. We might even get Spinnernut out there.

Let me know, and I'll contact the regular suspects. :lol:
Sat the 19 of june is a good day for me. Hope to meet the regulars then.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Re: Del's trip to florida, third week of june.

Postby goramsey » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:20 pm

del wrote:Time once again for a trip to tampa florida for a little family reunion.

Planned stops;
Bryce canyon, utah
Grand canyon
Meteor crater
Roswell, new mexico
Lake Bisteneau, LA
And any stops along the way (suggestions please).

I am making this trip with my Mom so will not be in hurry. My schedule is flexible, so if anyone has a favourite campground they want to join me at, I can bump it a day or two either way.

Thanks in advance
del

Hi, I live close to Bryce Canyon. I could join you all. I will mention camping at Bryce Canyon is, well, how do I say it nicely, very crowded. I would suggest a few miles down the road to Red Canyon campground. I just spent a week there end of May. It is one of the cleanest campgrounds I have been in. Showers that are clean as a whistle. Bathrooms are great.
Check out my video of the campground – http://www.southernutahtravel.biz/videos.html. Upper right corner is the new video. Red Canyon can be your base camp, then go to Bryce and have a great time. I am going to be on top of Cedar Mountain (Duck Creek campground) late this week for a few days. Let me know your schedule. I have the time. If you have the senior Nat. Parks pass it costs only $ 7.50 per night.
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ramseys-T ... 4019963253

Hunger makes a thief of any man. ~Pearl S. Buck
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Fran Lebowitz
http://www.ramseystravels.com/blog/
http://www.ramseystravels.com
goramsey
The 300 Club

Next

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales