Salem Massachusetts

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Salem Massachusetts

Postby xddorox » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:15 pm

We visited the Witch City last week and we had a very good time. Although not equiped with a tear drop yet, we stayed at the Winter Island municipal campground only 5 minutes from downtown. At $32 a night for a patch of ground right next to the City chore (and sewage plant) it wasn't cheap but a lot cheaper than any Salem hotel. The fact that it was right at the beach was also very cool.

Here's some pictures of the trip

There's a real interesting story behind those tombstones but I won't spoil it.

Salem is a tourist trap but it doesn't try to hide that fact, it embraces it. I find that pretty cool. I went to see a few local museums and traveladvisor.com rated them as cheesy places. Knowing that ahead of time I enjoyed myself and actually learned a lot about Salem. Apart from the story of the Witch trials, Salem is full of surprises and interesting stories for a cursed City ( It has been cursed to be damned for eternity by one of the accused of 1692).

Two things you absolutely have to do, eat at Red's and take an evening tour of the City. We will definitely return.

If you ever go, let me know how many people with broken arms you saw. We saw 7 during the three days we were there! (We just felt it was kinda weird and/or related to the curse.)

Gerry :)
xddorox
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:18 am

:applause: :thumbsup: What great pictures! I have wanted to visit the NE for so long now. I think I need a trip around the country... :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby dmckruit » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 am

Another great place to visit thats reasonably close to that area is Newport, RI. I can't wait to go back.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby xddorox » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:33 pm

More pictures from my vacation, this time from Winter Island in Salem and other places we went.

Gloucester or if you are a local "Glousta"

White Mountains State Park rest area in New Hampshire

And lastly if you want to feel what the sunrise is like on Winter Island at the beach, here's 10 uninterrupted minutes of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLHR7GIAVc&feature=player_embedded

Gerry :)
xddorox
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales