Warsaw, MO - Nov 20, 2010 - fixed date

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Warsaw, MO - Nov 20, 2010 - fixed date

Postby Nathan N » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:31 pm

We had great weather for our wander down to Warsaw. After visiting one antique mall in Lincoln, MO we headed out to Thibaut Point at Harry S Truman Reservoir (COE) and setup on site #23.

Did some quick birdwatching

Visited Main St. in Warsaw, MO

Stopped by some antique shops (one of these was 1978 the other 1979. Both were about $16.00)

Ate at Double D Diner (we recommend it)

Watched some butterflies

Watched the sun set

and the moon rise

Got up and tried to find a sunrise

We did check out the group area A at Thibaut Point and the Osage Bluff campground. Thibaut Point is generally hardwoods while Osage Bluff appeared to be mainly nestled among red cedars. Thibaut Point has pit toilets and no shower house while Osage Bluff has a couple pit toilets and a shower house. There are more photos Warsaw-Nov-2010

Thanks for visiting,
Nathan
Last edited by Nathan N on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby parnold » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Nice pictures, looks like you had some great weather!

:applause:
parnold
Donating Member

pics

Postby Dick » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Nathan - great pics - thought the ones of the herron and butterfly were two of the best. Who would've thought that this late in Nov the weather would have been nice enough to camp. Did you and Donna even get a chance to try out the furnace you got hooked up? Kath and I wished we could have made the trip but our baby is tucked away in the shed hibernating this winter. See you all this spring!! Dick and Kath
Dick
Teardrop Advisor

Re: pics

Postby Nathan N » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Dick wrote:Nathan - great pics - thought the ones of the herron and butterfly were two of the best. Who would've thought that this late in Nov the weather would have been nice enough to camp. Did you and Donna even get a chance to try out the furnace you got hooked up? Kath and I wished we could have made the trip but our baby is tucked away in the shed hibernating this winter. See you all this spring!! Dick and Kath

Thanks Dick. Nope, I've been trying to make it out at least once a month and hit it lucky for November.

Yes on the furnace. :roll: I played around with it here last week and then roasted Donna last night at Warsaw. :lol: I was concerned that it may be loud but it isn't. I think I'm going to like it.

Arrow Rock is just 5 months away!

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Nathan N » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:02 pm

parnold wrote:Nice pictures, looks like you had some great weather!

:applause:

Thank you.
Yes, the weather was great - especially for this time in November around these parts.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Great pictures Nathan. Sorry you had to go alone... :( but at least you got to go... 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Nathan N » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:13 am

Miriam C. wrote::applause: :thumbsup: Great pictures Nathan. Sorry you had to go alone... :( but at least you got to go... 8)

Thanks Miriam. We had a good time. And I was able to check out the COE campgrounds at Thibaut Point and Osage Bluff. It's hard to complain about $8 per night. :)

Warsaw and it's surrounding campgrounds is pretty central between Branson and Kansas City area campers.

Now you need to drive up to Stockton and check it out for us. 8)

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Nathan N » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 am

slowcowboy wrote:hello nathon and great trip. I wish I had that warmth and sunshine right now. I could use less cold and the attempts to snow here in wyoming.

I noticed the jon boat in the last photo and was wondering is it yours. I was corous as to how big a out board motor the jon boat had on it. Its very semalar to the jon boat I carry on my teardrops roof rack and my suv.

I have a 9.5 eveinrude that i have not used on the jon boat and think it might be overkill or to much wieght in the back end for it. other than that I enjoyed your photos and your great camping weather for end of november.

Now I know where all the heat is in this country!!!! heeee!! Slowcowboy.

Hey cowboy,
Nope, not mine. It belonged to some deer hunters camped a couple sites away. A couple of them would hop in it and take off out of the cove and around the point to their hunting ground.

I didn't pay close attention to the outboard on it but would guess it close to your 9.5 HP. Around these parts there is a 10 HP limit on smaller conservation lakes so the small outboards are rather common.

The weather is unusual. 66 degrees here this morning with a high expected of 75. Thanksgiving's expected high is 34 degrees.

Thanks for visiting,
Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Darren » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks Nathan. I may have to drive down there just to eat. :D That's the kind of place I search for. :lol:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby queeniejeanne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Food, I see food yea we gotta go there. Sometimes campong alone is The way to go.
:lol: :lol:
We are invited to lose our money at isle of capri dec 31 and 1....... in boonville. Gonna take them up on the offer. Will do some great relaxation. Camping at down stream this holiday, unkown where will be christmas. Will be going on a short cruise out of galveston for 237$ each. Anyone else want to go call carnival.........see everyone camping soon queenie jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Nathan N » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Did you guys see this photo?

:thumbsup:

Jeanne, you guys will be pretty close when you're in Booneville. You can stop by and drop off some of the winnings if you want. :lol:

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

boonville

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Canelled the plans. Wanted to give free nights at days inn. No thanks. Wouldn't let sassie stay there even. We will just hang out in our little world to see new year come in. QJ
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Nathan N » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 am

slowcowboy wrote:man nathon that is a banana weather!! I would love to come your way this thanksgiving unfortanly wyoming has a big winter storm and a artic air mass from canada coming in on thanks giving we are supposed to get 45 mph winds and a high of like 11??? jeee. thats sit in the house on the computer and then run every 15 minutes to stand in front of the pellat stove weather. and hopefully no cow will need to force me out side in that weather!!!! yikes. I hope no one is trying to camp year round in wyoming this winter!!! my gosh. I am not looking forward to the weather next 3 days. and I still have a lot of ranch work to get done to yet!!!! SLowcowboy.

Dang it slawcowboy,
You done went and jinxed us. Rained and blew yesterday. High today is suppose to be 32 with a low of 19 tonight. The wind is blowing and it's down right miserable.
So come on down, it will feel like home to you!

:lol:

Good luck with your cows this winter.

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales