Summer memories in the winter cold.

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Summer memories in the winter cold.

Postby gregp136 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:18 pm

What is there to do when the wind is howling outside, and the teardrop is snuggled in the garage until spring? It is time to remember the joys "Our Little Tin Can" gave us this past summer. After the first trip, already documented her last June, we headed to the East Coast. Our First stop, after a very long night and day of driving, was Pilot Mountain in North Carolina.
It was Laurie and Greg, plus Zeke and Cassie. They stayed in a tent as we slept in the teardrop.

Our Next stop, where we stayed a few days, was the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

The weather was beautiful, and I would recommend the Outer Banks as a destination to anyone!

Our next stop was Richmond, where we visited Zeke's and Cassie's aunt and Uncle. We went on a nice hike in Richmond.
We also visited the studio in which Laurie created her Masters Thesis in Sculpture at VCU.
We left the kids in Maryland with there other aunt and uncle, and stopped at a private campground just over the line in Pennsylvania.
It was wonderful, and our next stop was Ohio-Pyle State Park in Pennsylvania.
(At this point Laurie wanted me to say that I got us lost as we walked the trails and we needed to follow the river until we finally fought our way through the rocks and underbrush to meet the trail further up the river.)
There is a natural water slide that we both went down, and then took the road (so Greg wouldn't get us lost) back to our campsite.
We made a few more stops, like the Ann Arbor Art Fair, before returning home. Overall, "Our Little Tin Can" traveled over 3000 miles this summer. It has earned its rest.

Greg (and Laurie)
gregp136
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:16 pm

Greg and Laurie,

Great memories, thanks for sharing the summer photo journal. Made me forget the winter weather outside for a little while. Only got up to 76 degrees today. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 am

Thanks for sharing your trip adventure and pictures! Beautiful places you camped. That's one thing I really miss about my Teardrop is how easy it was to just take off and camp with the lil' bugger.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby gregp136 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks for the comments. Being able to pick up and go at a moments notice was the biggest reason for building the teardrop. And it works like a dream.

Greg(and Laurie)

:thumbsup:
gregp136
The 300 Club

Beauty thrives

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:26 am

:) Loved the beautiful sites you shared, especially the waterfall.
Joanie
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm surrounded by bone-chilling winter fog right now. Thanks for warming me up! :relaxing:

Those were some great pictures. I noticed that you just barely fit under the galley hatch without bumping your head! :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Rlowell » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:53 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us. That is the type of trip I would like to make this summer.

Almost done with the Ketza. Hoping for a spring break First outing.

Thanks again for sharing the great pictures.
Rod
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1425&image_id=76342
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Summer memories in the winter cold.

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:29 pm

gregp136 wrote:It was wonderful, and our next stop was Ohio-Pyle State Park in Pennsylvania.

thanks for popping up that picture... I'd like to go there this summer...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Bob Dodgens » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Gregg,
Looks like you had a great trip. Those are some great shots and beautiful memories. Just remember, if you ever get down our way, there is plenty of room in our yard. Looking forward to meeting you sometime soon.
Bob and Brenda 8) 8)
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales