Table Rock

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Table Rock

Postby Clifford Loose » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Here are some pictures I took last fall at Table Rock, SC. It was a 1 1/2 mile hike to the top with a 2400' elevation change; I found out real quick how out of shape I was. Since so many people are shut in this time of year due to the weather, I thought I would share these pictures to 'spread a little cheer' and let them know that better weather will soon be upon us.
http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/zz188/footloosefour/
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mrs. Rickxr2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:36 am

:thumbsup:
Thank you so much for sharing. Stunning!!

I really liked all the waterfalls and coverd bridges.
:thumbsup:
Linda

Image Image Image
Mrs. Rickxr2
Teardrop Master

Glad you enjoyed them

Postby Clifford Loose » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 am

I have a friend that rides The Trial Of Tears every year from NC to OK. I think he comes close to you. My brother comes up from Texas and stays at the lake at Broken Bow. Nice area there.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby PaPa Smurf » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 am

where is table rock...??
James 4:14......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby Bob Dodgens » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Papa Smurf ,Table Rock State Park is in upper part of SC off State Rt 11.
Bob D 8) 8)
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

Where is Table Rock?

Postby Clifford Loose » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks, Bob, for answering the question, but I wanted to share with everyone that all of these pictures weren't actually taken at Table Rock (roughly 1/3 were taken elsewhere). If anyone is interested, the route I took to Table Rock was south on 441 through Dillard, Ga up 106 into Highlands, NC. Then I took 64 east through Cashiers, NC to Rosman, NC, then hit 178 south. Then I went east on 11 to Table Rock. Returning home, I took 11 west to 28 north back into Highlands. Several of the waterfall pictures were taken along the route (in NC) as well as some of the mountain views. The covered bridge pictures were taken along scenic 11 in SC. In looking at the pictures again, I even found that I had somehow managed to add a few pics from rides that my wife and I had taken to both Chimney Rock (NC) and Caesar Head (SC). Thanks for looking at - and hope everyone enjoyed - my pictures. I know I sure enjoyed both the ride and the camping trip. Maybe one day I'll get time to create an album of some of the waterfalls my family and I have visited - from Niagara, to Bushkill (in PA), as well as those in our area, of course. I also have pics from a trip I took along the Blue Ridge Parkway that I might actually get posted one day. Hope I don't bore anyone, but I happen to think that I live in a beautiful area and like to share!
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TheOtherSean » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am

Thanks for sharing. I've taken a hike like that and paid for it for three days after. Worth it for the view, though - and it looks like your hike was worth the effort, too, given the wonderful photos.
TheOtherSean
The 300 Club

Postby 35thAV » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 pm

I love the waterfall & river pics. I think you just inspired me to hitch up the Blast Shelter for the weekend!
1976 Westwind 13' with dual rear doors (48")Painted to match the F250 <b><i>My big little trailer!</i></b>

<b>The road takes me to the dirt, the dirt takes me to the whitewater, the whitewater takes me to the......</b>
My adventures blog:<b> http://blastshelter.blogspot.com/</b>
35thAV
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales