a quickie to yellowstone!

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

a quickie to yellowstone!

Postby hotrod » Tue May 31, 2011 12:24 pm

http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr21 ... st%202011/
yellowstone, the tetons, a bucnh of the oregon trail, some black hills and home..... :thumbsup:
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:14 pm

Paul,

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a lot of fun. What beautiful country......
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby hotrod » Tue May 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Wolfgang92025 wrote:Paul,

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a lot of fun. What beautiful country......

its a beautiful country we live in, be it flat prairie grassland or the tetons.. were fortunate... this was 2600 miles between thursday afternoon and monday night/tuesday morning..
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 am

great pictures. but it sure looks cold! did you stay in hotels along the way or did you tow a tear and did not get pics. how did you hhr like the trip?

would love to make a trip just like that one someday with my hhr and tear. well one exception would be to go when its a bit warmer. :lol:

thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby hotrod » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:01 am

eaglesdare wrote:great pictures. but it sure looks cold! did you stay in hotels along the way or did you tow a tear and did not get pics. how did you hhr like the trip?

would love to make a trip just like that one someday with my hhr and tear. well one exception would be to go when its a bit warmer. :lol:

thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

we didnt take the tear, I dont have a hitch on the HHR.I wish we would have. motels are expensive and teardrops give you the chance to sleep most anywhere.
The HHRs best average mileage was 29.7 which to me was pretty impressive because I tend to roll right along in open country. The HHR will sleep 3 in a pinch but wouldnt want to make a habit of it. :lol:
It was cool up in yellowstone, still lots of snow on the ground and a few roads were closed.anytime you can go to yellowstone is a good time in my book.....
Paul
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:09 pm

oh yes, i have slept in there myself a couple of times. roomy enough for 1 adult and 1 child. couldn't imagine 2 aduts and a child.

congrats on the trip.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales