IT'S A SMALL WONDERFUL WORLD !!

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

IT'S A SMALL WONDERFUL WORLD !!

Postby TENNJIM » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Sheryl and I stopped at the Trading Post in Cameron, AZ last week on our way to the gathering in Mesa (it was a great gathering). We rarely ever see another teardrop when traveling. In the parking lot was, not only a teardrop, but a 4 x 10 Hunter Shadow just like ours. Briefly, we talked to the couple from Missoula, MT. We asked if they were on their way to Mesa, but they were on vacation and headed for the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Since they had never been to a gathering, we told them a little bit about what to expect. Wishing each other good trips, we proceeded to Mesa and set up camp. We toured Old Town Scottsdale the next day and returned to camp. Across the area from us was a teardrop amongst other teardrops and TTT's. It sure did look like the one at Cameron, but we could hardly believe it. Immediately, people started telling us about the couple who came to the gathering after meeting us in Cameron, and we hurried over to welcome them. Result: we have a wonderful couple as new friends, they loved their first teardrop gathering, met another couple from Big Fork, MT, and may attend the Dam Gathering at Shasta Lake in May or other gatherings (they have relatives in northern CA). The teardrop world is absolutely amazing !!
:beer:
Jim and Sheryl / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Re: IT'S A SMALL WONDERFUL WORLD !!

Postby mdk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 pm

TENNJIM wrote:Sheryl and I stopped at the Trading Post in Cameron, AZ last week on our way to the gathering in Mesa (it was a great gathering). We rarely ever see another teardrop when traveling. In the parking lot was, not only a teardrop, but a 4 x 10 Hunter Shadow just like ours. Briefly, we talked to the couple from Missoula, MT. We asked if they were on their way to Mesa, but they were on vacation and headed for the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Since they had never been to a gathering, we told them a little bit about what to expect. Wishing each other good trips, we proceeded to Mesa and set up camp. We toured Old Town Scottsdale the next day and returned to camp. Across the area from us was a teardrop amongst other teardrops and TTT's. It sure did look like the one at Cameron, but we could hardly believe it. Immediately, people started telling us about the couple who came to the gathering after meeting us in Cameron, and we hurried over to welcome them. Result: we have a wonderful couple as new friends, they loved their first teardrop gathering, met another couple from Big Fork, MT, and may attend the Dam Gathering at Shasta Lake in May or other gatherings (they have relatives in northern CA). The teardrop world is absolutely amazing !!
Jim and Sheryl / Utah

You met another person in Cameron? Wow, what a coincidence! ( ok, joking aside...) Not a lot of people know where Cameron is, nor how "big" it is :) That's an amazing coincidence. Back in the 80's my parents and I were travelling through Zion NP and stopped for lunch at a picnic area. A few minutes later, another car drove up, to do the same thing. Turns out they had been our neighbors for a summer in Montana, about 6 or so years before. What are the odds?
5 out of 4 people are bad at math.
mdk
Teardrop Advisor

Re: IT'S A SMALL WONDERFUL WORLD !!

Postby TENNJIM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 pm

It is interesting how amazing things like that happen. Although on US 89, Cameron is a remote location and the last place we expected to see another teardrop exactly like ours.
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales